Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / collisions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 03:38 Edited at: 29th Apr 2004 03:39
I have made with anim8or a .3ds object. I load it into DBPro with this code:

(By the way I know it's not very good code for making any sort of game but it's good enough for this purpose.)

My object is something like stairs:

but when I load it my collisions work fine if I rub against the side of the object It rolls off smoothly, the only problem is that it's like there is a giant invisible cube around the object so it's like my camera can walk out over the object:

so the camera is able to walk out over the stairs at the same height as the highest stair without falling, until it reaches the end of the object and then it falls. I can't get inside it.

I'm sorry if this explanation is somwhat hard to understand, but any help is appreciated.

DK_
Years of Service
User Offline
Just tried something new. If I set the objects collision to polygons then I can get inside the object like I want to but when the camera hits it just sticks and I can't move.

Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 03:58
The dbpro collision commands aren't very good so try writing code using the intersect object command. That's what I use and it works great. Also check out Nuclear Glory's collision dll but it'll cost you

There 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Only a little bit.

Site at: http://www.nuclearglory.com

Probably cost you more to write one, lol.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 07:34:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 07:34:03