Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Survey: Asheron's Call and DBPro-gramming...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 07:29 Edited at: 29th Apr 2004 08:00
I'm homing in on my next project, and I'm looking for a little feedback. I'm not really at the "Post a Team Request" point yet, so I wanted to do a quick survey of the people on this board to give me an idea of what resources might be available.

With that in mind, please reply to this post if you:
1) Play/played/enjoyed Asheron's Call (MMORPG)
2) Are a DBPro programmer

Even if you are not looking for a new project, I'd appreciate it if you'd reply to this post if either of the above two items (especially #1) applies. I'm trying to ascertain the size of the audience and experience base concerning the above game, and how many RPG-interested DBProgrammers are out there (from posts in the other forums, it looks like practically all DBProgrammers are RPG fans).

Thanks for your time and response.

DocSee

[Edit] That's what I get for putting in 4 items and then deleting 2 of them....
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 07:31
good luck, and no offence, but you forgot number 2

Was Mr X

Welcome to the Electric Funeral!!! *creeps back into the Abyss*
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 12:52
I think most DB users have ideas for an RPG game, probably because most of us are sick of the usual RPG games that appear. I personally am planning a first person RPG with several other game elements in a free environment, probably not alone either. There is a post over at the LLRGT game design forum about my plans, if anyone would like to discuss this type of game in detail.

I've never played Asherons Call, but I've played a lot of RPG's like Diablo and Baldurs Gate. To tell the truth I think it's time we had some more unusual RPG's with some fresh ideas.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:46:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:46:52