Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] What not to do on the forums

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2004 01:14 Edited at: 30th Apr 2004 01:15
Okay, before I go one I wanted to write this because I was turning in to a spammer (I was being considered cmc!) and, well, I don't mean to do these things, I just ask lots of questions- so, lets head to the point of this thread.

First Things First: Top ways of getting banned

Well, like cmc, geri, and some say Wooly Mammoth are (maybe not Wooly) big spammers. I repeat SPAMMERS!. They ask many stupid things, many stupid things. Some things that I've heard from other posts about cmc are: he cracked DB and got the source, (so, that's what I've heard) stole copyrights (I have heard this too), and well, he posted dumb messages. Those are some of the big things on what not to do.

Secondly: Getting Bad Responses

Okay, another thing you should never do is post way too many threads in a day- as in 20. If you do you'll get remarks like, "Stop posting." or "Man, you're the next cmc/geri/wooly mammoth games." So if you don't want any of thos remarks then, please don't flood the boards. Well, what I just said is true, you might not even get one response, you could just get all your posts locked and/or deleted. So, that's what I have to say about that.

Thirdly: Getting posts locked/deleted

Okay, this is the start of being a spammer. A big start. Also, I saw a post once that said, "Please lock this post, I've never gotten a post locked before!" Well, that was plain ol' stupid. Everyone needs to learn not to post that type of foolish stuff. Plus, with my experiences of almost being a spammer I learned one thing: never post things like DB vs. BB or anything like that. So no pointless threads or they will be locked/deleted.

So I hope I helped with this spamming issue and just telling people about what will happen.

Z-Interactive or Zack
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2004 01:21
Hmmm ...

Quote: "spammers ... posted dumb messages"

Check

Quote: "post way too many threads in a day ... you could just get all your posts locked and/or deleted"

Check

Quote: "So no pointless threads or they will be locked/deleted"

Check ... well, three out of three. Not bad - locked

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:28:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:28:57