Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / warp effect ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
the 3d starfields i found in the codebase were slightly buggy, and weren't full 3d.
i want to make a warp effect, like lines poping up and moving backward, in the relative angle of the camera, and in a constant angle to the player.
if the camera changes it angle, it won't affect star field, as it is constantly at the same angle relative to the player.
i tried making cylinders, but got wierd results.
could anyone spare a thought on this ?
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2004 05:29 Edited at: 2nd May 2004 05:32
Make a sky sphere with a side planar texture mapping (or cylinder that is axially aligned) and try just scrolling the texture on that. That way no matter which angle the player looks at the 'warp' is true. Then, remove the 'warp' sky sphere when the ship returns to normal space. You might even want to put the sky sphere texture in a memblock and dynamically change the image so there is no repeating values. Not sure of the FPS hit, but worth trying.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 07:30:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 07:30:21