Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Cut-Scenes, Animations, and other AVI/MPEG movie needs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2004 20:36
Introduction:
I have never made an AVI or MPEG movie for a game before and would like to start. I am using DarkBASIC Professional, but also own DarkBASIC Enhanced Edition.

Questions:
1. AVI or MPEG? Witch is a better format for games? Which are supportted in DB/DBPro?

2. What software should I use to create cut-scenes (BUGDET: Under $400)?

3. Besides cut-scenes, what are other uses for 2D animations in games?

4. Can you reccomend any good cut-scene tutorials out there?

5. Is it worth the time and effort to make 3D cut-scenes? If so, what is good software for that?

6. Anything else you can tell me.

Thanks,
Dylnuge
Guldan the Warlock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2004 11:06
I couldnt tell you how to go about making a cut scene or implementing it into your game, but as for the AVI/MPEG question, both formats are supported by DBPro, but AVI is usually smaller than MPEG, so I'd use that.
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2004 14:54
Truespace 3 is free and really good and easy to use as both a modeller and animator. Search in '3 Dimensional Chat' for 'truespace' and there is a download link.

Current Projects: Dark_Worlds_Map_Editor version0.1 aneale5@orange.esinet.org.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:35:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:35:06