Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Weird model problem.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2004 00:01
I created a model of a sword in DoGA. Its in .X format.
I can look at with Zircher's 3D model veiwer, but when I try to load it into Darkbasic Pro, its all jumbled. Here's the weird thing. When I take Zircher's 3d model veiwer source code and run it through DBPro, its still jumbled.
I'm fully upgraded, what woul cause this problem?

Think Gad fro Spill Chock!
Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2004 04:30
What's the code for loading and viewing the object in dbpro? If you set your camera range as 0 to 100, the 0 will cause the camera to draw faces that should be culled.

There 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2004 05:21 Edited at: 2nd May 2004 05:23
You're using patch 5.2. TGC put a new .X parser in 5.2 that freaking hates quad polys (something that some editors/exporters like DoGA loves.)

When you recompile the viewer code, you bring the bug with you. The first viewer was compiled under patch 5.1.

Three possible solutions: Delete DBP and re-install up to patch 5.1 only. Or, when you export your models make sure to triangulate them so that the multi-sided poly bug does not bite. Or, convert the .X file to the DBO format and get better speed, smaller file sizes, and more goodness as a perk.
--
TAZ

You can find the DBO convertor in the Program Announcement forum.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 07:36:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 07:36:53