Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Fun Blender games.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2004 04:58
Check out these.

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Game_engine_with_2_25_physics.212.0.html

These are some pretty fun blender games. Right now I'm hooked on getting the high score in a game called hardSimple60p(don't ask me why it is named like this.). It came in the Games: Frogger and HardMashed download link. You'll need blender to play it though(not much of a problem seeming how blender is only 3.1 mb of a download).

Since the current game I'm playing doesn't come with instructions(grrr...bad gameplay design flaw ) I'll briefly list them here to save you the effort of figuaring them out. It appears to be solely mouse based. Left button fires your gun(you have no cross hair so this is much harder than it sounds) and right button reloads.

Its an on-rails shooter with the goal being to destroy the funky blue aliens or shoot a certain item in a room to advance. You are on a timer though so the faster you destroy the aliens/shoot the room thing the more points you get. Currently I've managed to get up to the robot scorpion that comes at the end but I haven't managed to get passed him yet(got to shoot his missles).

All in all, its a surprisingly fun distration. I haven't played the other games yet though, but when I do I'll post back and let you guys know how cool they are(unless of course someone beats me to the chase and posts about them before).

Well, have fun.
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2004 23:45
Actually I was just on the Blender site and I've noticed they have a 3D game engine you can use royalty-free. Has anyone else tried this?

Izzy545
Years of Service
User Offline
Not yet but I'm planning to.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 01:35 Edited at: 4th May 2004 01:35
Blender is primarily a 3d modelling/animation package, with interactivity thrown in. Gaming is not it's main thrust, although it's supposed to be "reasonable".

It's certainly not in the same market as DarkBasic.

BatVink
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Neophyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 06:25
@Batvink

Yeah, its mostly a modeling/animation package. The game engine was just recently put back in though. I expect to see some new games coming out from it very soon.

On a side note:

Has anyone played that cartoon hover board girl game(not sure what it is called)? Its basically some girl on a hoverboard that you can move around. Not much too it but it is pretty entertaining to catch some air off those half pipes.

If you're feeling really skillful, try getting her to fly out of the little skate park. Its harder than you'd think.
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
blenders good.... shame i hate it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:45:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:45:56