Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Guys , can ya help? how can i set up XP user account too.....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, wonder if anyone can help me out here.

The Win XP user accounts, great for setting up the basics like desktop etc for each user but here is what i want to do.

Instead of the norm ...

Joe
Fred
Wife
Kids

kind of user accounts, i wish to have my PC set up like this...

Games
Development
Design

So log in under Games user name and not only dsoe it set up the desktop etc to just reflect my gameing enviroment but also (this is the bit i cant work out how to do) It also ONLY loads the drivers and devices that i use for gameing. I.E joysticks, wheels etc.

Development user will not only set up my desktop for all my programing languages but also load up allt he devices and programs inthe tray etc that i neeed for development, but not the games stuff.

What im trying to do is set up each user to only load up the prograsm that run in the background for the particular enmviroment im useing, so i dont have joysticks running on the DEV user name, and i dont have IAR dev program laoding up on my games user account.

This way each account boots faster withotu loading stuff im not goignt to be useing.

But i cant work out a way to set up each process or program that auto boots to each indervidual user.

Any help guys
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2004 18:45 Edited at: 3rd May 2004 18:50
[edit]
Login to Games, for example, then do this:
In regedit, goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Microsoft, windows, currentversion, run.
Pass the programs you want from there to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, etc.

las6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2004 14:36
autobooting programs (not processes) can be put in the startup folder in the start menu. One way is to drag em there, or you could just open the "documents and settings" folder in your hard drive. Each user has it's own folder and under that folder, there's a start menu folder with the startup folder in the user folders... add the shortcuts there and they are launched when the user logs in.

Make sure you don't have the specific programs in "Default" or "All users" folders.

| Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue. |

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 21:09:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 21:09:37