Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can Multiple cameras be used to make a hotseat situation with dbasic pro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 09:17
I have been trying figur this out. Is it possible? Ive been trying for hours to get 2 screens with 2 veiws. Can sombody who is experianced with pro tell me?

This is my home Profile, im AKA DBasic Kahn

"Poor guys, they had US surrounded"- US 101st Paratrooper at the Battle of the Buldge"
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 22:08
Why do you even need two cameras? Just store the position and rotation of the camera for each player and just to that position and orientation when it becomes the player's turn. That will work for any I-go/You-go game.
--
TAZ

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 22:49 Edited at: 4th May 2004 22:50
what about a FPS say for example?(i've been wondering this to )

[edit] I.E...."Split Screen" is what he's talking about i think

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 00:06 Edited at: 5th May 2004 00:09
It's not that difficult if you read the help files...

Quote: "SET CAMERA VIEW
This command will set the viewport of the camera. The viewport is the actual area on screen where all 3D is drawn. The default viewport area is the entire screen, but can be specified using this command. You must specify the screen coordinates using integer values.

SYNTAX
SET CAMERA VIEW Left, Top, Right, Bottom
SET CAMERA VIEW Camera Number, Left, Top, Right, Bottom"

You can also use this command to create camera views for rear view mirrors in cars or gun cameras or missile cameras or security cameras or view displays ala Aliens or Space Hulk.
--
TAZ

Towelie
Years of Service
User Offline
so can you only make a 2 way split screen or could you use this to make a 4 way? or more?
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 10:24 Edited at: 5th May 2004 10:24
I think you can have 10-way or something crazy like that if the computer can take it. And you can make the camera views pretty much any size as long as they're rectangular.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
DBasic Khan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 21:33
(this is Drunken French Munk)
yea thats what i meant, split screen, i just had momentary lapse in sanity (happens alot)

I figured it should work, i just wanted to know if it would. I am experiminting around with Pro's demo at home, to see if i want to buy it. Split screen is something i would realy like. I tried for about 3 hours to get it to work. I think auto cam was screwing me up. The problem was whenever i set the camera to take up eaqual portions of the screen (and im almot positive i had the right coordinates) the camera whould only show 1 talking up the whole screen, 1 talking up half of the screen and 1 in the backround up to full size, or nothing at all. I wonder, is it possible to turn off the default camera? could that be the source of my problems?

AKA Drunken French Munk (the name i use at home)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:34:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:34:43