Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / collision help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 09:22 Edited at: 5th May 2004 00:47
I made a huge, flat, ground in 3D canvas. Then I just put in another cub ontopmof that. I exported it as .x and laoded it into DBPRO.

Here is my code for it.

Here is the code for the ground, if it helps or not.

The camera hist the ground fine but for some reason it goes right through the cube.

Any reason why it does this?

This is not stoping me form making my game and all. But it will add alot more work, as I would have to add in each object in seperatly. I would perfere to put one model in with many pecies, not put in each peice seperatly.

So help would very apperciated.

Just a programmer
Jobyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 21:58 Edited at: 5th May 2004 22:08
Hmmm. i dont know much about DBPro but do you not have to handle the collision? I mean i can see that there is a camera collision command but i woudl habe guessed taht the command just tells you when there is collision. And then you have to do somethign about it.

Everyone is a comedian...
a Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2004 04:51
The collision command handels all of the collisions. I have it so when to gravity hits the ground, the camera stops becuase of the collision. But when I hit the other object it goes right through. I made the model in 3D canvas pro and exported it as one whole model into DB Pro.

It seems that only the first object creaedted in 3D canvas is the only one with collision. Which is kinda weird.

Anyway I will keep trying to figure this out.

Anyone else have any ideas why this hapenes?

Just a programmer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:49:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:49:17