Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how do i build an exe with all media files?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 17:39
hello,

i am currently trying add all the media files into one exe, i have added the media files in the media tab, and under the configure exe settings i have selected 'Exe with attached media".

what i get is just a normal exe however, i have tried using full paths names compared to;
LOAD BITMAP "screen.bmp"
but does not seem to make a difference, is there something i'm missing?

thanks for your help
bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 21:31
i found the problem, when i was adding the media i did not have the 'copy to project folder' selected. Selecting this added the media to the exe and the exe is now much larger in file size
Gav_b_uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 03:18
I had this same issue....I thought I had found how to resolve it also, in the method that you mentioned....but when I then send the EXE to another computer (I send mine to work for my work mates to test), I find that it always misses some media files. And I have to put them in the same directory as the EXE. Anyone got any ideas on that?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:52:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:52:35