Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / simple animation problem!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
iv got a problem, when i reach a designated waypoint i want an avi to trigger. yet when the waypoint is reached the game slows down (this is prob the anim loading yet playing in the background)and all i see is my game. i have attached the code. if any1 could help it would be gr8

cheers
Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 06:29
Ok, I haven't tested this, but it'll get you on the right track. Read the code and then look at the explanation below. I assume this is all the code you have, right?

First, you want to load the animation before the main loop, this way you avoid accedentally reloading the animation. Second, your if statements were continuosly triggering. Once you've reached the waypoint, you want the program to know you've reached. This you already did with disX# and disZ# testing, but you also need a test to see if the waypoint has been previously reached. Finally, placing a stop animation right after the play animation will instantly stop the animation. The code will continue to run even when you have called a play animation command. Hopefully this will help. I don't use animation files that often and I'm not sure the code will cut the animation but it should. Keep in mind, that this code could still use a lot of work, but I did this without the compiler Good luck!

There 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:52:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:52:22