Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Just a few minor questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am in the buying stage right now, and I was wondering what most people have gotten to start out programming...should I get DBpro or DB? should I get any of the other texture and lighting stuff they have to offer here, or should I start out simple?

And has anyone ever actually tried to make products commercially here? just wondering, thanks for helping a newbie.
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 17:23
Have you tried the DarkBASIC Classic/Pro Demos? I would get DBPro even though it's more expensive. The advanced features are well worth the price, and (in my opinion) it's easier to learn and use.

I would try the demos of the extra products to see if you like them or not before buying. There is a thread on this forum called "Resources for newcomers" (or something like that) which has a list of many of the Free products you can get...

Many people have tried to make commercial products, but few have succeeded. There are a few DarkBASIC products you can find on store shelves..."Driving Test Success" for example...

...Well... I hope I helped...

Previously known as "Game_Creator". Thou shalt not thwart the way of the dragon. For thou tasteth like chicken.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 17:35
yeah, DBPro over dbc for sure.

* DBP_NETLIB_v1 - PLUGIN FOR DBP * Click LogoMooooooo!
Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2004 12:15
DBpro is cool. It took me a while to get as far as I am, which isn't very far, but that is to be expected with any new language. (For me, any way )

As far as the extras, you can get along without them, but I can not tell you how many times I have wished for Dark matter, Sound matter, and Sky matter! I can live without them, (which is good, because I can't afford them!) but i want them!

Look into Nuclear Glory's dll, you may need it right away, but its really cheap ($15) and down the road you will definitely want/need it!

Hope this all is helpful!

Think Gad fro Spill Chock!
Plastico
Years of Service
User Offline
hey I appreciate the help, I am happy this place answers my questions.
Pixle Pusher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2004 21:24
Go for DBPro, Dark matter, Cartography Shop 4.1 and the new WW2 media pack.
Plastico
Years of Service
User Offline
ok here is my list of what i am buying.

DBpro
Cart4.1

I would get darkmatter, but can you design and create your own things? or are they just simply models that you get and cannot do anything with??

O and where can i find the WW2 media pack..
Pixle Pusher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2004 14:49
WW2 Media Pack, click HOME at the top of the screen and there you'll find what your looking for.
Dark Matter is a load of models and textures.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:40:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:40:38