Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object Collision Doesn't Work With Glue Command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2004 02:39
I used the Glue Object To Limb command to glue my weapon, to the model, and when i try to use it, to see if you hit an object, it doesn't work. Any ideas as to y? I will post code if i have to, but there is a lot of code, and wouldn't even know where to begin.
Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2004 04:37
I'm a bit new to this, but I think you are having a problem similar to mine. I was trying to put an invisible box in front of my camera, so that I could use object collision (4,0) to see what was directly in front of my character. (so they could use it, pick it up so on.)

The problem was, i was using the lock object on command, and discovered that when i do that the object's position never changes, it is drawn in the same place. If the Glue object to Limb works at all similarly, then the object never actually moves, it just looks like it.

Think Gad fro Spill Chock!
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2004 14:51
Social Disease is right. Glued objects 'appear' to move, but in reality they stay in same place for collision purposes. Useless or what.

You will have to move objects manually with your player. When player moves, move gun to player position and rotate it to same angle as player, or use the buggy orientation commands.

Trouble is you probably have a nice animated player with moving arms and stuff that you want to attatch the gun to. You will therefore have to have an invisible box to act as a collision box. So use glue command to attach gun to player so it moves realistically, but move the hidden box to gun position using LIMB POSITION commands of the gun (using 0 as limb number). This is because OBJECT POSITION dont work on glued objects if I remember rightly. You may also need to orient it to correct angle.

You can then detect collision on the box, instead of the gun.

Boo!
Marthik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2004 01:50
thanks, for your help, that is a good idea, i think i will try it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:43:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:43:04