Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Voice Over IP expansion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2004 00:12
http://www.tomshardware.com/business/20040506/index.html

VoIP, for those of you who aren't aware, this is the ability to make "phone like" calls over the Internet (or Buisness Intranet, as it is being used right now).

But the way they are expanding it is like, "Holy Sh*t, so i won't have to pay so much for that call?".

Loking at the whats said about VoIP, it makes ya wonder, "How long till our common house hold phone is obselete?"

Anyway, Discuss

Eric

"I like you... when the world is mine, you death shall be quick and painless"
Current good thing: The Apprentice
Former name : Liquidz_Snake
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2004 00:18
I see the conversation going "Hey, my calls are cheaper, but why am I paying more for internet access, and why is it so slow"

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2004 01:13
I use Skype at work - even on a 512Mb ADSL connection there is a lot of breakup - its possible the USB mic's I'm supposed to be getting (say in around 10 years) may help slightly.

The place for all great plug-ins.
The Coding Area - From my brain to your browser...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:15:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:15:34