Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making a RPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2004 01:31
Okie I have my basics done but in a 3d RPG do you make a object as yourself? or is there another way?
Like in my old langauge you would do something like this
usr.Icon = 'Sprites.dmi'
usr.Icon_state = "Man"

A 1 man team
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2004 09:09
If you want to make a 3d rpg you will need a 3d model w/animations for every character or really any object in your game. You use the command:

LOAD OBJECT "myobject.x(or .3ds depends on object format)", ObjID

ObjID is the slot in which DB stores the object's info so you can manipulate in the program. You'll use this with all the commands like MOVE OBJECT, ROTATE OBJECT, PLAY OBJECT, etc.
ie,

PlayerObjectNum=1
LOAD OBJECT "playerobj.x", PlayerObjectNum
MOVE OBJECT PlayerObjectNum, 1

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Kivu_Rako
Years of Service
User Offline
see, currently i am in the middle of creating a large RPG, aswell, which requires models [obviously]. You can create models using model-making programs [such as Milkshape (which is what im using)] and create you models, animations, and such and place the object like Bear Crazy Donuts Productions said. But creating the object is the hard part ! Placing it in DB is the easy part.

"geez, its probable a noobish mistake too!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:42:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:42:18