Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
does anyone have a good engine in DBPro for maps and objects in .3ds format that has good collisions. If so could you give me the code for it?

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2004 09:18
I don't want to sound offensive by any means, but typically the way this works is you get DB, you learn the commands by messing with examples, working through tutorials, making mini projects of your own (example: a "game" where you walk a cross a boring, flat, white-textured plain in first person view), and every once in a while you'll probably need to post here so we can help you with a problem you're having. Then you get bigger, the levels get longer, the graphics get better, the AI gets smarter (or the AI is created for the first time), and eventually you work your way up to a nice solid and complete game.

Another path to take is one where you are not in charge of programming at all. In fact, you are part of a team made up of programmers (who use DB), artists (who make models/textures), sound engineers (who mix the music and take part in programming the sound effects), and designers (who, after many brainstorming sessions with everybody else, put together a plan of what they need, and also design levels and other gameplay elements). Not saying you need a professional studio team, but each one of these positions needs to be filled be it by one, two, three, or twenty people. If you need a programmer you could always post in the Team Requests board.

A good place to start looking for examples is in either the showcase, the codebase, or in the help files that came with DB.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
goku
Years of Service
User Offline
I cant remember it right now but you can contact me at my email adress[email] peepsed@yahoo.com
Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2004 08:50
One Question Goku, Why do you keep trying to get people to email you? Every post I see from you you are trying to get people to email you.
What's the deal?

Think Gad fro Spill Chock!
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 19:26
he wants email buddies

Just to add to the confusion.
Look at my avatar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 09:36:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 09:36:36