Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D radar - star wraith like -using Ezrotate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2004 04:25
I know this has been asked before but cant find what.

I want to use a sphere and place small objects in the sphere to be used as a ship radar.
Ok I can get the distance between my craft and other objects in space. I can also get the angles between the objects and my craft with the dot product. What I cant work out is how to use this to get the real world x,y,z to position a marker within the radar shpere representing the relative position of the object to my ship.

Any pointers.
Macrosii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 22:36
Sorted.

Got it working. Not to hard with Ezrotate.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2004 03:02
What is this....Ezrotate? Sounds awesome, I know I look pretty dumb not knowing, but just out of curiosity....

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Macrosii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2004 14:51
Ezrotate is an excellent DLL add in for DBPro. It adds extra commands that make the whole process of local axis to global axis rotations much easier. There are a number of threads here on its use.
DBasic Khan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2004 21:59
Im not quite sure if its what u need but i would use a... crap i cant remeber what u call them. Its on the tip of my tounge. Its jsut basic math:
a over b = c over d

for example:

1 2
=
2 x

to solve u need to cross multiply so u get 4=x (2*2)=(1*x)
im not quite sure if this will help but there it is.

AKA Drunken French Munk (the name i use at home)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:32:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:32:58