Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / dbc downhill scrolling matrix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im making a 3/d first person ski free type game. The graphics and stuff dont have to be great. I am more interested in learning concepts than it looking good.

I figured out how to make a matrix, randomize the height a little, and cover it with "snow" i made in paint.

I got the camera working and the guys movement along the surface, and put in trees (brown pillars...)

The thing im not sure how to do is get the matrix to scroll infinitly like in the caverun demo program. I would also like it to go downhill, though still with the minor variations from randomizing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 17:50
Hmmm... You could make it go downhill by using a for...next loop and set matrix height...

Keep The Slope To Something Small Between 1.5 and 3...
Scrolling The Matrix would be difficult however... I would do something like...

This Code Is Somewhat Complex and I'm not sure if it works... but I hope it helps anyways...

Previously known as "Game_Creator". Thou shalt not thwart the way of the dragon. For thou tasteth like chicken.
UMCanes50
Years of Service
User Offline
i will try both of these out tommorow and let you know how it works. Thanks for the advice.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:27:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:27:19