Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Drifting Particles and Character Movement... *newbie, sorry*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, here's the deal. I am attempting to create an underwater scene by drifting particles from the top of the scene to the bottom and then moving them to a random position at the top of the scene when they hit the bottom. This portion of my program works correctly.
What I am having problems with is moving my character when the particles drift.
Both portions of code work correctly when the other is not functioning, but when the particles are allowed to drift the movement is lost.
There is documentation(REM) for all parts of my code in the attached code.
Can someone help a confused newb?
tlalte uctli
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't state the language! Sorry! It's DBC
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 20:05 Edited at: 10th May 2004 20:10
I think this line of code is making it loop indefinitly..."if x=20 then x=2"

Change your code to...

The problem was it would never exit the for/next loop. Also, Put "Sync On" right above the main loop, and you might want to make the particles into cubes for performance issues... Well...I hope I helped...

[Edit]
This is my 200th post ...

Previously known as "Game_Creator".
The question is, why am I talking to myself? ...... And more importantly, why am I waiting for a reply?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 08:46:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 08:46:57