Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have looked at doing some Game Making, Preferbaly, i would like to make some Futureristic Space Pod Racing games , Games like "Room War", "Safari Biatholon Racer"..ECT Simple Games Like that.

But i have been Researching Some of the Programs. And the Only one i see that requires No Code Writting, is the 3D Game Maker, i would like to have a demno to it , but they dont have one.
I have considered DB, but when it comes to writting Code ( Forget it)
i dont understand nor do i have the Paitience to write code, or for that matter design something in 3D.

Someone needs to make a program to make 3d games to where you can Most importanlty of all ( NOT WRITE CODE), and just download 3d objects from the net, and use them ingame..

Just my 2 cents worth,

Lanshire

Randy
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2004 22:10
there is already the 3D game Creator, and FPS Creator is coming soon.

* DBP_NETLIB_v1 - VB.NET PLUGIN FOR DBP * Click Logo
Monty87
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2004 22:13
they have, but im not going to tell you where. youve just walked into a forum full of people who dedicate hours to making there dream game the long and eventually much more rewarding way round (coding). did you actually expect anyone to help you if you cant be bothered to do any work?

Monty
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 08:38
Dude, do not get the 3d Gamemaker, almost a complete waste of money. It will not help you do what you want, I can guarantee you that. Most people who go into the design portion of creating games (I'm talking about being a project leader or the lead designer) often have background on all aspects of game creation-art, sound, ui, programming. If you can't program whatsoever then find a friend or someone who will be the programmer while you can handle art or something like that.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Lanshire1
Years of Service
User Offline
CattleRustler: I tried a demo to the 3D Game Maker, but i was not impressed with it.

Monty87: It is not that i dont have time to do it, it is just that i dont have Much time to do it. Truthfully i am afraid of messing up when i start to learn to code. That is why i was wondering who would i talk to about making a idea game for me, Pricing, time, stuff like that.

Bear Crazy Donut Productions: The 3D Game maker was'nt the best , as you have said. It was howeve a start, but not the best.

I dont know where i would go or how i would approach it, when it comes to asking sdoemone to amke a game for me.

Any Thoughts?

Randy
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 23:12
Bring something to the table if you need a programmer: create concept art, make 3D models or 2D sprites, paint backgrounds, craft sound effects, compose musics, write a quality game design treatment/proposal/document, and/or become a team manager (game producer.)

There is a lot more to game development than just coding.
--
TAZ

Lanshire1
Years of Service
User Offline
zircher

Man i didnt know that it took all that much to do it, i was talking about a Really Simple Flight Animation game or a space car racing game.

SO i really dont know how to answer your question, i could show you the game that i was talking about making ( Something Similar) ,
Here is the link to the game that i was thinking about.
http://www.nikita.ru/safari/files.htm

I thought it was pretty Cool.

As for bringing anything to the table, i thought maybe a couple of hundred dolllars to make the game. I know i am probably way off, but thats what i have to start with.

Randy
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2004 18:35
You might be able to find someone to make a game for that amount of money, but only if that person wanted to make that game to begin with. Commercial game development is very expensive. Simple hobby/bedroom coder games are another story and require less organization and resources. Having a design is essential for all but the most basic of games.
--
TAZ

Francesco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2004 19:33
Wow man, the game you linked is about 86 MB large ...is that what you ment a simple game???

Non si inalberi mica con me, sa!
Lei è venuto qui, lei ha il tombino intasato!
Siamo uno spurgo serio, noi!
Lanshire1
Years of Service
User Offline
Francesco: Hey Man i didnt realize it was that big.
It is a cool game, however this is a really coool game as well, only 13 MB
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase_view&i=221

This is something that would be cool to make.

zircher : I did'nt realize that it would cost that much to make a game like the one i mentioned not the 86 MB One but the one on the link above. I guess i need to get my Stuff Straight ..lol

I have a friend here in town who has his own computer shop, he makes and sells comps, and also Cell phones, i will talk to him and see what i can do.

Randy
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2004 05:23
Sounds like if you were to ever pursue a career in game development you would be in the producing end. Check out some game producing books if this is your desire. Definitely take the time to learn a little DB though.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2004 13:14
Hey guys, not everyone wants to be a programmer. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to create a game. Lighten up a bit on him.
I'd wait for "FPS Creator" to be released, and check that out first.
Room Wars, though graphically superb, is a rather simplistic game. Personally, the AI would be the only difficult task in my opinion.

"eureka" - Archimedes
Lanshire1
Years of Service
User Offline
Phaelax, Apprecitate the comment, Yeah i would like to wait for a FPS Creator, i know that there has been rumor that this company is making one but there not saying anything at all about it, so they must be in the very first stages though.

I also checked out a few other componets from Clickteam.com

Jamagic looks Cool, but it involves Writting Code, and MMF was ok but it is in 2d, not my kicd of game.

I forgot why i dont like Game Factory..

Yeah i would like to have a game like "Room Wars" i ahve done a little expierement with teh files, but not really much changes.

If i knew how much money it would cost me to get a game made something like that ( Auctually Really Close to that), that is something that i would Consider, but i know that it would take time to do,and that is something i dont have aalot of...

Randy
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 10:16
just use a function called make game(). (joke of course)

seriously forget making anything cool unless you want to get your hands dirty.

fall down seven times, stand up eight
bibz1st
Years of Service
User Offline
If your willing to pay someone to make you a game, why not just pay a shop and buy a ready made game I'm sure it will be a lot less expensive, or better still, why not just play the one you downloaded for free.
I'm not being funny, just cant see where yor coming from thats all
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 15:36
Indi is right though. Programs like Game Creator offer little flexibility on type of game, and its gameplay. To truely create exactly what you want, you'll have to do some programming.

"eureka" - Archimedes
Lanshire1
Years of Service
User Offline
indi: I can see where your standing, its like your not being able to work on a car unless you get your hands dirty...

bibz1st : That game i downloaded "Safari Biathlon" IS a really Cool Game, i am fixing to by the code for it in a few days when ever i can get my friend to come over so we can use his card to buy it...lol
I Guess i am looking for a easy way to make a really simple 3D game thats all, Besides using the Game Creator, although it looks fun though.

Phaelax: Like Indi said , yeah i am probably not going to be able to make any descent games untill i learn to Program, ( Which by all means will NEVER happen) -> Not enough time to do it or learn it.

Being a Buisness Owner, and a Almost New father, it is really time consuming for us. well 2 and a half of us anyway..

If you guys are creators and make your own games, you have a potential Customer here, i love simple 3d games, and FPS games, i am also starting to Like Simulation, ( Nothing tooo Fancy though)

DON'T LAUGH WHEN I SAY THIS.. So far my favorite Simulation game is a game Valu-soft made it is called "Beyond Pearl Harbor Pacific Warriors" what i really liked about it was it had 'EASY CONTROLS", and you dont have 18 Million Options to deal with..lol

Well anyways.. I am gonna be buying "Painkiller" in about 2 weeks, but does anyone know 4 sure when dreamcather is coming out with the Multi demo of it?

Randy
Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2004 13:42 Edited at: 17th May 2004 13:49
Quote: "Someone needs to make a program to make 3d games to where you can Most importanlty of all ( NOT WRITE CODE), and just download 3d objects from the net, and use them ingame.."

That's a horrible idea... I used to hate VB6 because I thought it keeps me away from code, and it made things messy. Then I found out how to use the Win32 API in VB6. Ahhh, it gave me sweet dreams...

C'mon, don't you think that keyboard is good for more than just office typing and e-mail? Go do some programming and make it scream in pain!

Coding is like teaching a baby how to walk. You don't just stand up, start walking and say to the baby, "Follow Dada!" You have to get down, help him balance, help him move his right foot forward, then left, etc. It can be difficult and frustrating because the baby doesn't understand a thing you say, but in the end it's all worth it. And as you understand more about kids, the easier it seems to teach them new things.

Lanshire1
Years of Service
User Offline
arkheii: I was aucutually thining about trying it, but code seems to damn complicated to learn.

If there was a book or a cd-rom that explained what each line of code meant, or how to use it to make your first game or something like that, i might buy into it.

But for me to Buy VB6 and just jump into it would be like my step-brother at night ( Useless) .

Hell , i woudl'nt even know where to begin.

Does anyone know when the Painkiller Multi-demo is coming out?

Randy
GameMaker Jason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2004 22:22
Coding is great, very flexable, you may find it fustrating when it doesn't work but when yuo make somthing that work and looks OK you'll be very proud. It also takes a long time to learn but if your certain you want to make games for a living you need to be able to code or create good graphics. I use DBPro becuase it is very quick and does all the complex things for you, but most gaming companies want you to be able to use C++ and DirectX or OpenGL.
but Alot of people on these forums use C++ for a living and DB(Pro) at home due to it easy.

btw. There are disadvantages to using a simple but powerful language like DBPro
1) Your programs memory management is bad
2) They use alot of CPU time
3) The are not very good for multi tasking
But for the time advantage its worth it.
just don't give up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:25:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:25:52