Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I'm Back

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2004 23:20 Edited at: 9th May 2004 23:27
Hello again Dark Basic Users!
I'm back

who am I? Im Tasik I programmed "An Aliens Tale" and I use to come to the forums often.

where was I? I was busy mostly with school, but because my computer science 30 class is coming to an end I have decided to return to the awsomeness of Dark Basic not only that I plan to start another game... I kinda have to I spent like $200 on programming stuff from here and so far have only used it once but it'll be fun. In computer science I learned Java and C++ (The basics) right now I'm passing with a 95% and should keep that mark until the end of this year.

Yes any ways... Hello again every one!

One question to end the post, Do you think my next game should be 3D or 2D? The reason I'm asking this is because I like 2D rpgs and I have awsome ideas for them but I already own Dark Matter, Cortography Shop and Maya.

Edit:
Yes and umm... does any one know a good place for me to host a web page... I wanna be able to put small 3D movies onto it and lots of screen shots. I'm not looking for a free web page place inparticular but that would be great although I am willing to pay mounthly because the files I will be putting on it might be fairly large and I'm not sure where to look to get a web page set up. Any ways thats all thanks in advance.

"I will live forever or I will die trying"
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 00:06 Edited at: 10th May 2004 00:07
if it's for DB you can ask Jimmy
I think his site is http://www.dbspot.com though I'm not sure...sorry people if I get it wrong

You forgot to read your fortune cookie. It says you're sh!t out of luck.
Welcome to the Electric Funeral!!!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 01:14
I think that Lagmaster is offering free hosting too

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 01:26
Quote: "I think that Lagmaster is offering free hosting too
"

No, I dont think so. He told me he's considering not hosting anymore. He must be considering it long and hard, because he has yet to restore my FTP account from whatever happened to the server BACK IN MARCH!!! That, or he's holding a grudge against me. If he is, I know about it, I've seen several people with dbforums accounts upload stuff in the past week, after he said he probably wouldnt be hosting anymore! They all have perfect access, and I've been screwed over!

Sorry about this rant, but Lag...he's just made me a bit mad (not pissed...just mad).

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2004 02:02
Yeah, mine's free and it doesn't have to just be DB related

rather dev related, if you're coding or designing it all works.

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free subdomain hosting. Unlimited space/transfer. It's nice, I like it, you should too!
Tasik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2004 21:57
O.K. yeah I went with dbspot good stuff thanks a million Jimmy!

"I will live forever or I will die trying"
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2004 22:00
Preston-> I'm trying to resist an 'I told you so' .

Tasik-> Welcome back! Glad to see users returning to the community.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 23:46:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 23:46:40