Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / If you are a big bigener this is for you!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are trying to make a box and have a word lopping at the same time you cant.You dont make a loop on box and print you only put it on the box and that should work.If you need more progames loate me at my emall.My emall is peepsed@yahoo.com
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2004 04:14 Edited at: 12th May 2004 04:17
I'm assuming English second language. Source code really helps people to clearly see what you are referring to.

Goku,

I don't understand what you are trying to say... Possibly you can edit the grammar. Also, you should post things of this nature in the code snippets thread with the source code attached.

~Zen

goku
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok zenassem I will put it in code for you rigtnow I got to eat supper and I will try to fix my gramer.PS I am sory for my spelling.BY
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2004 06:42
Goku,

Thanks. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. It's 10:40pm here.

~zen

goku
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok here I go.First you type in MAKE OBJECT CUBE 1,1,1,2 then [press]enter and type do and [press]enter again.then type print "cool". Dont forget the little things beside cool.Ok got that then [press]enter once again and type loop.It should look like this.

make object sphere 1,1,1,2
do
print "cool"loop

It worked for me it should work for you to I hope.I bought the 750 page book for db and I also got every single book for all db ever made so far.I also got all the softwhere for all the books.I hope
I dont sound like a snob it's just I am ubsest with db.Because I have
all the dbisks I can help you out! If you need more information just contact me at my email:peepsed@yahoo.com.buy for now hope you email me.PS if it dosint work for some reasion just email me I might have a salution.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2004 05:10 Edited at: 13th May 2004 05:16
[edit]: I used my own advice and edited with a spell-check.

goku,

I just want to let you know that it's safe to assume all of us here understand how to enter code, copy and paste code, etc... Unless someone specifically states otherwise.

I don't think that it is a good practice to post code of this nature unless someone was having difficulty, and asks for such help. Many here realize how a game-loop works, and that certain initialization code doesn't belong inside the loop. e.g. (make object sphere a,b,c,d); Especially if there is no "Boolean logic" to check and ignore the command, if the object already exists.

I know that your excited(obsessed) with DarkBasic, many of us are, but posting erroneous code is probably not the best way to show your interest.

I thought that there was only the one book for DBC for sale. At least the last time I checked.

I don't think that you sound like a snob, but I can't count the number of times that you have asked people to e-mail you. I think it would be wise to stop doing that. Instead, edit your profile to include your e-mail address. This way if someone feels the need, they can click it.

Also, if you have a snippet or some code that you feel would be valuable to the community, try posting it either in the 'code snippets' forum or the "code base".

Lastly,
We all make spelling mistakes here and there but I think that you should take more time to make your posts readable. If you are having a real tough time, try typing your post in an editor with spell-check, and then copy and paste it here.

Please don't feel that I am picking on you. I am honestly just trying to offer suggestions that can help you enjoy the forums, and help you become a valuable member to the community. We can all use some C&C form time to time.

For me, I need to learn to shorten my posts.

~zen

goku
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok your wright I will take your advice sory for that.I will think before I post.thanks a lott for tips.BYE
Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2004 08:45
One Question Goku, Why do you keep trying to get people to email you? Every post I see from you you are trying to get people to email you.
What's the deal?

Think Gad fro Spill Chock!
goku
Years of Service
User Offline
Look at my other postes if you want to know.Called space idea. BYE
goku
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I mean here is why.I hade some email budies but there all gone because one died in the two towers when it got hit and the others moved
and changed there email and lost mine.I dont know why we were email budies for ten years.that is why I put my email because I am trying to find another one.All I am trying to do is to git another email budy. .BYE
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
you can get a hotmail account and download the msn messenger then u can have as many buddies as you want.

CURRENT PROJECT: RETRO PAC-MAN
goku
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.BYE
Retro Addict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2004 16:07
That's tough to hear about your bud in the towers. So much was lost that day.

PC Specs: AMD 1800+ 512M DDR, Radeon 128meg DDR - DB v1.13

To DB or not to DB............duh DB!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 09:45:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 09:45:29