Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Icon format ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2004 20:14 Edited at: 15th May 2004 19:12
What size, type, bit depth, etc does DBpro want for an icon file ????
I have Photoshop 8 and I have tried a number of save as bmp file but DBpro can never open the file

AAAaaarrgg ! need assistance Please

I Know DBpro can use .bmp or .ico as icons - but every attempt by me to save an image as a .bmp or .ico though it saves successfully - DBpro keeps telling me that it can not open it
So DBpro must be looking for a certain type of file
(i.e.) 50 x 50 pixels 8 - 16 - 24 bit color 100 , 200 resolution ????

HELP !!!!!

THIS IS DRIVING ME MAAAADD arggggGGGGGG

Why won't DB Pro open ANY .bmp or .ico file ???

DB Pro will not even open its OWN .ico file !!???

This program won't accept anything for an icon file ;(

What am I doing wrong !!!!!!!

Help !!!!!
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
I never have use DBPRO,but I think you have to save the image as an icon format (.ICO), so save it as "thenameyouwant.ICO".

CURRENT PROJECT: RETRO PAC-MAN
Alpha Omega
Years of Service
User Offline

DANG . . . this DBPro software is going to take forever to learn

Their help files and tutorials suck !

I FOUND my problem - once you save your project to a folder, you have to copy or move your icon file to the same folder, other wise you will get that "can not open file" error msg.

The printed manual would be of SOME use if they would have written down little bits of information like this instead of printing out the online info.

Instead of just sending you to a whole completed program for their so called "exmaple"

They need to show JUST the example you want and not make you hunt for it in a completed program

The manual ALSO needs to let us KNOW what are ALL the parameters available for a given command and what the minimum and maximum vales are allowed for those parameters.

THAT would make it worth printing the manual !!

I LIKE THE DBPro PROGRAM - I REALLY DO !!!!!!!!!!!

I have been writing Basic , GWBasic , QBasic programs for decades - so I am familiar with the language
DBPro adds a few more commands and changes the syntax a little to the basics and adds a LOT of extras for game programming. I really do like the program its self.

The "Creator(s)" of the program should have done a lot BETTER job of making the command structures of the program more easier to learn.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 10:22
"icon forge" makes an icon for all the bit depths in one foul swoop.
this is the best way to make an icon i have found.

fall down seven times, stand up eight
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 19:24
If you want a alternative editor that is easier to use than DBP's default editor (No offense)I would suggest BlueIDE at http://blueide.sf.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 09:42:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 09:42:04