Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Where to go after doing Limit Rush tutorial?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2004 06:01
ok so i guess i have a pretty good understanding of DB classic . . . so how do I expand my knowledge? just look though the manual that has all the syntaxes and code and stuff? thanks
Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2004 10:21
Well that depends on what you want to do. Believe me, you don't understand as much as you think you do, there is always something to learn!

Personally I think that if you have gone through all the relevant tutorials, then its time to put it together. Design a project, put everything you want to do on paper (or in Word,) Then start to code it.

It will be hard, you will run into things that you want to do, that you have seen other people do, but it just doesn't seem possible, so shelve your program, look up some examples, tweak with it a little bit, then come back to it.

When you're done, you will have a master-piece. The graphics may not be the best, the controls might be obtuse, but its yours, and sometimes, especially the first time, the journey is more important than the destination.

Good luck

Think Gad fro Spill Chock!
Retro Addict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2004 16:14
Very well said social! I'd also add that a small project, such as pong (gasp!) and expand from there is a good start. Starting on the next Halo might be out of your reach for now. If you have the techniques from limit rush down, you've got a good foundation to build on...

PC Specs: AMD 1800+ 512M DDR, Radeon 128meg DDR - DB v1.13

To DB or not to DB............duh DB!
Indian Homie G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 01:53
k thanks..wil try that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 09:38:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 09:38:46