Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need some ideas from wrestling gamers and Darkbasic users for my new game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2004 06:01
As said i need some ideas from anyone what i need to make a wrestling game like new kinds of match or any new idea what can be added to it. So far I'm stumped out of ideas, but did managed to got many ideas down. Planned out a working title. the project isn't very close to beginning. I appreciate anyone who can take their time to help me out. I already heard how hard collisions is for fighting games. That's the only project i want to do. Although I'm still crafting my skills on programming. So far i can do a little with controlling a 3d model i can set up a camera and make him move a little.
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 00:56
Hi,

Ooh, fighters, that's a tough one but good luck. My advice would be start small, keep it simple, and go one step at a time.

So, maybe next you need to learn about DBP animation basics and collision. Don't worry yet about input systems or cameras, models, thats the easy stuff!

Just get two models, with basic collision (e.g. stick boxes on their hands, and have 1 boundary box per player) and get one to play a punch animation, and if it connects in the other plays bounding box, get him other to respond with a "been hit" animation.

I would say a wresting game is the hardest fighter, you may want to start with boxing, which has no grabbles, throws etc. Wolf started a good boxing game a while back (remake of Punch Out I think?), so you may want to look at that.

Hope it helps,
Cheers.
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2004 20:26
sorry for not replying... anyway i'm using wings 3d and my god is so easy. the 3d model thing is covered now i need to animate them. which program can animate them that DBPro can support. I don't have any money right now too. so i'm pretty much limited. thanks for a boxing game. Maybe i'll start with that. All this time i guess i'll put this project on hold. i was thinking about an adventure game, but a boxing game? that's a great idea since hardly ever there is a boxing game for the PC. can you tell me if there is a program that can animate my models. since i have a model right now.
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 07:09
i need a program that can animate my models do you know any that can animate my models can any one tell me.
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2004 07:19
I think JT Edit will animate though I have not tried it myself

http://www.jtgame.com/jtedit/jteditmain.html

Try this one out and see if it can help you.
For simple models (Low poly) you could get Gamespace light or the highest recommendation around here is Milkshape which is a 3D modeler, texturer and animator (low cost / not free)

Wasting CPU Cycles since the 286 was a hot machine.
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 12:30
what's so good about JT Edit? can you tell me?
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2004 21:02
First of all it is free. Here is the link in case you have not checked it out yet.
http://www.jtgame.com/jtedit/jteditmain.html
I have not tried it myself and am just including it as an inexpensive option.

Gamespace light is free but you are limited to low poly counts in the export unless you upgrade to the full version (which I hope I can do after I learn the basics) for about $299 USD.

Milkshape is low cost and the preferred low cost modeler because it animates and models (aprox $25).

I am no expert modeler, I am having trouble with texturing models and am just passing along info that I have heard.

Wasting CPU Cycles since the 286 was a hot machine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:20:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:20:08