Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Can someone help me with dbspot?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 02:43
Hey all,
I've got an account(I don't even know if that's what you call it.) With dbspot and I could do with a little help. I didn't use my web space when I got it because, to put it simply, I didn't understand it and so off I went to freewebs. Now freewebs has really started *not put anything here because I'd rather not get sued* and I really need to get a good website up and running. I know you need FTP navigator and I've got a copy but what next, do I need to write everything in HTML and put that in the FTP thingy, do I need to buy a seperate program for building my website. Please help someone because I've seen the quality of some of the dbspot sites *grovel grovel* but I don't have a clue what to do.

PREVIOUSLY codemonkey 0gamemad0
ZOMBIES+SHOTGUN= FUN FUN FUN
Toilet Freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 07:16
email the very cool guy that made dbspot possible, (he'll prolly slap you >_<

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 08:38
Alllllllrighty.

Well getting your FTP thingy was the first and very vital step.

Now, as for website design I recommend get Dreamweaver MX 2004. You can get a 30-day free trial on http://www.macromedia.com/

They also have plenty of tips and tutorials on their site. Or you could just google up some "dreamweaver tutorials" "html tutorials" or "website design tutorials" and you're bound to find some help.

It's a little pricey after the 30 days, but I think it's worth it... of course, I got the entire macromedia studio for FREE because I work as a webmaster. Talk about your perks

Aaannnyyyway, you make the site, then connect to the FTP server using the info I sent with the email after your subdomain was created. Then you upload your site straight to it and you're probably done!

All else fails, call microsoft.

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free subdomain hosting. Unlimited space/transfer. It's nice, I like it, you should too!
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 15:03 Edited at: 16th May 2004 15:06
Thanks for that, I've just registered a new name, both because of a complete change in what I'm doing with DBP and the fact that I deleted the e-mail you sent me long ago. I'm just hoping it's possinle to set up two accounts and if it means deleting my old one then go ahead.

EDIT:: Sheesh your right it ain't cheap, looks like I'll be learing HTML, for the time being anyway.

PREVIOUSLY codemonkey 0gamemad0
ZOMBIES+SHOTGUN= FUN FUN FUN
Zenincanin 14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 03:29
HTML is easy- you could also get a WYSIWYG editor. (What you see is what you get.)

P.S. How do you become a webmaster?

[url:http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=logout]
Good Games Are Made by Powerful Coders
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 03:34
Well, you very carefully have a friend that works in their sales dept. who hooks you up, then get fired as a sales rep, then get re-hired a few months later as a webmaster.

----

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Toilet Freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 05:39

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:29:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:29:43