Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Nintendo Ds or sony PSP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 21:06
After seeing both systems at E3 I was just wondering which one you guys like better.Fell free to post your opinion. .ohh and one more thing please tell me if anyone else who loves the metal gear solid series is pissed at Konami for making metal gear acid a strategy game!
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 21:11
I don't really like Metal Gear.

It was awesome on GBC and pretty good on PS1 but it hasn't really changed ever.

Nintendo is way better. It has four player wireless multiplayer Metroid Prime.

Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 21:16
Quote: "Nintendo is way better. It has four player wireless multiplayer Metroid Prime.
"

Yeah not only that but the DS will have over 100 third party developers which is a huge change for nintendo, they usually rely on first party titles instead of third party titles. Also the DS is suppose to be cheaper. Maybe the DS is better...
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 21:55
Come on people posts your opinions!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 21:55
DS looks bad in the picures but after watching the video's it's much better, wafer thin and rounded

DS will indeed rule.

Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 22:00
The Ds may rule but you need to look at the flip side. The PSP will have better graphics and will be able to ply other forms of media such as movies.
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 22:26
Oh right.

If you want it for games I'd choose the Nintendo - but if you want the other stuff you may have to get the PSP

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 22:40
A lot of the PSP games will be ports of existing PS2 games. But would you want to buy say, 2 copies of GT4, one for PS2, one for PSP?

Because the PSP is capable of PS2-quality graphics, users will expect more from the console and it could be very expensive to make new games for it. Also, although the PSP has wonderful tech specs, its otherwise rather boring. Nintendo have really thought out some interesting ideas for gameplay.

On the other hand, I think that the DS will have a reputation as a kiddies machine and Nintendo are effectively cutting off a large section of the over-18 market.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games. - Plus URL download, win dialogs.
Over 140 new commands
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 22:43
The Nintendo DS is backwards compatible with GameBoy Advanced game cartridges - which is great marketing strategy. I'd buy one just for that fact because my wife has GBA and a bunch of games which I don't like (the games) but if this thing comes out with some cool titles then we could both get into it.

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.1 - VB.NET PLUGIN FOR DBP * Click Logo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 23:46:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 23:46:08