Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / just wondering

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 00:43
Has anyone made a Pokemon or Dragonball Z game using Darkbasic it would just be cool if someone did make one BTW I dont really like Pokemon or DBZ

A 1 man team
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 00:47
Ooooooooookay.

I think the short answer is no.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 00:51
and according to our spammer friend Liam from the other day, Dragon Ball Z is gay. I wouldn't know, either way.

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.1 - VB.NET PLUGIN FOR DBP * Click Logo
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 01:24
oh that guy was sure funny is he banned do you know? he had 2 dads one scotish/one irish and f***ing swore all the f***cking time!

Just to add to the confusion.
Look at my avatar
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 01:25
lol - I dunno if he got banned. I am sure if we keep talking about him, he'll come back

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.1 - VB.NET PLUGIN FOR DBP * Click Logo
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 01:28
i wonder where the thread wnt
the mods obviously have a life as they didnt notice it until about 84 posts

Just to add to the confusion.
Look at my avatar
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 01:48
At llrgt there was a DBZ game made. The creator is even making another DBZ game which looks very unique. As for pokemon, I believe there was a "kill pikachu" title made, or I at least heard of it around here.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 01:54
where can I find these games? And also I think it would be cool if someone made a online pokemon or dbz game that would be awesome

A 1 man team
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 02:09
There have been dozens of pokémon and dbz games;
however to my knowlage only the one on LLRGT has actually been completed, there is currently a 3D Pokémon game being developed - but I don't know much about it other than i've been asked to make a few models for it.

Don't worry about admiting you like Pokémon or DBZ around here, there are only a few twats around here that'll try and linch you for it. Most either like it as well or don't give a damn.

Word around the E3 is that an Online (MMORPG) version of Pokémon is planned by GameFreak. This is only rumour of-course however as Pokémon Colosseum includes a full length (35hr) RPG, (not pre-rendered cut-scenes but still surprisingly good) and what the creator said during an interview at E3 about it being a 'test' for things to come... Perhaps Nintendo are finally taking the Online Games community seriously.

If you haven't yet played the GameCube Pokémon Colosseum, I would strongly suggest you do. Although you require a GBA-Link + GBA/SP to use Multiplayer, Single Player is a full RPG which doesn't require the original game. It even comes with it's own 4Mbit Memory Card so you don't even have to buy a new one.
Also I was surprised that the story isn't your usual overly sweet kiddi story, it has a dark twist - your partner throughout the game is annoyingly nicey-nice, but you play as a bad guy and your uncovering a corney plot of genetic pokémon manipulation.

Some aspects will seem aimed at kids, some are obviously aimed at adults. I think they've made a good blend for the age range without sacrificing thier main user base. Just a pitty the graphic don't make a decent enough use of the GameCubes' abilities to have warrented this type of game not to be on the N64. Infact some pokémon look like they're lifted right from Stadium 2.
Quite low-polygon and disappointing in that respect... but it is a alot of good fun.
(i quite like being hit on by the bad girls from each town hehee)

The Future Looks Bright, The Future Looks Like a Short Fat Plumber From The Bronx
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 03:17 Edited at: 18th May 2004 03:17
Quote: "Has anyone made a Pokemon or Dragonball Z game using Darkbasic it would just be cool if someone did make one BTW I dont really like Pokemon or DBZ"

So, if I might humbly inquire, what's the frigging point of this post?

*tired of pointless posts*

Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 05:37
just to see if any existed BTW anyone have the links to em?

A 1 man team

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:32:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:32:17