Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / why cant....?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
why cant dark basic run (i mean execute my program/game)--even 2d game i made in dark basic, in a pc with 8mb video RAM, when i can play a 3d game in that pc and use 3ds MAX(actually it's a laptop).

can i tweak dark basic( or my source code) so that i can execute my source.

note: it's not the error in my code/game bec. i have tested it in one of my pc( not the laptop)

~
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 15:39
Darkbasic Classic is an interpreted language, which will always be slower than pure machine code. Darkbasic Pro uses compiled code, but neither of the two are very optimised.

One of the most important aspects of speed is your own code though, if it's badly coded, it will obviously never be fast. For 2D, and if you're using DBP, I recommend you look into the Lock Backbuffer (I think that's the command) command which will let you write to the backbuffer which is faster than writing directly to the screen. Try and minimise function calls as they take time, and try to get rid of unnecessary code.

Its not a bug, its a feature!
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 17:20
Have you downloaded the latest version of DirectX?If not that may be your problem... otherwise you may need a better graphics card...

Previously known as "Game_Creator".
The question is, why am I talking to myself? ...... And more importantly, why am I waiting for a reply?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 09:49:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 09:49:45