Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] Can anyone tell me what he's on about?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 04:22 Edited at: 19th May 2004 04:23
Okay, I just got ambushed by Raven on the IRC bitching about something that I never said. I'm tired of lies being spread about people-- me in particular, I'll freely admit-- and I'm also wondering what the heck this is all about anyways, so I'm posting it here. If Raven's story is true, someone will be able to back up his claims.

Supposedly, some undisclosed time ago on the IRC, I talked about an IDE IanM was showing off on DBDN. Now this is ridiculous for three reasons-- one, I only ever keep tabs on two IDEs (the foremost being RobK's BLUE IDE); two, IanM is not, to the best of my knowledge, making an IDE, and three, my DBDN subscription expired months ago and I haven't resubscribed yet (so this would have had to be months ago, which I doubt, because Raven only brought it up now).

Now the real proof Raven dosen't know what he's talking about here is that he appears to not know DBDN exists.

Quote: "<raven> this in the same dbdn that ianm happens to have his ide?
<DarkMouse> uh wtf?
<DarkMouse> ianm's ide is on the forums
<DarkMouse> dbdn is the developer network
<DarkMouse> it has its own private forums
<DarkMouse> lol
<raven> i see 0_o
<DarkMouse> lol
<DarkMouse> its been around forever
<raven> you know i asked ian about it
<DarkMouse> its not even integrated with the main site anymore
<DarkMouse> actually
<raven> and he said you were talking sh*t"

It very well does exist. Last I was there, there were hundreds of members. I'd appreciate it if one of them could vouch for me here, ridiculous as it is to have to point out the sky is blue. Thanks.

Now I'd be interested if anyone could clear this up by vouching for that I did or did not talk about a nonexistant IDE on the IRC. I'd also appreciate it if someone could point out the very large piece of the community that is DBDN to Raven. I'd also be interested if IanM did say I was full of sh*t, which I very much doubt because for months at a time we were both DBDN members.

Cheers.

andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 05:27 Edited at: 19th May 2004 05:28
I dont see what Raven did wrong honestly...
I do not believe IanM is making an IDE. Then you would be the one who dosen't know what he's talking about.

Also, you are assuming that is infact Raven, and he was being serious.

I dont know what your problem with Raven is but it seems that you try to find any excuse to flame him.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 05:38
well, Mouse is nice and I don't think he would go out of his way to flame anyone, and you don't know if it's Raven, but I didn't think that it couldn't be, I was just wondering what happened. besides, I have nothing against Raven cuz I know nothing about him

You forgot to read your fortune cookie. It says you're sh!t out of luck.
Welcome to the Electric Funeral!!!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 06:10

Yeah, it is obviously me who has no idea what i'm talking about.
I didn't want to be out of order and show you up in the forums... maybe next time you'll think twice before starting something, eh.

:: shakes his head :: and you wonder why most of the people on the IRC channel are getting annoyed with your attitude.

The Future Looks Bright, The Future Looks Like a Short Fat Plumber From The Bronx
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 07:15
god who cares...

both of you...

shut up.

no one cares about your silly fights.

Amist the Blue Skies...
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 08:18
Hey, i'm on TV!

Yeah, I remember that, but see I thought he was talking about Rob's IDE, it's awesome.. I've never heard of Ian's

----

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 09:16
lol. I'm glad that I don't IRC.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 09:25
mouse has a bee in his bonnet always and raven likes at argue.

match made in heaven if you ask me

fall down seven times, stand up eight
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 11:03
Quote: "Yeah, I remember that, but see I thought he was talking about Rob's IDE, it's awesome.. I've never heard of Ian's"

Yeah, as soon as I read that I thought he must've meant RobK too. I think it was a simple misunderstanding, Mouse said Ian when he meant to say Rob. It's not hard to get them mixed up, both mods, both plugin developers, both have the name convention FirstL, and both have the Flinstone avatars.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 16:37
I don't recall ever being 'DarkMouse02' or saying those things, but I am on IRC a good deal and could have forgotten. So either it wasn't me, or I meant to say RobK's. Whicever it is, I wish some people-- andrew11-- would actually read posts before replying to them

And yeah, it is very easy to get them mixed up, they seem like twin brothers sometimes

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 17:06
Darkmouse is actually a different user, not the 'mouse' we all know but a lesser known 'Dark' mouse .

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 17:10
That 02 part is just Raven's crappy IRC script making the names look fancy, of course, there's no scripting on this forum so we just see the plain ASCII chars.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 17:51
Oh, right, should've realized that . Cheers Exeat.

Van-> He's my evil alter ego

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 17:57
I was wondering about this bit...

Quote: "they might be just ****ing to IanM's IDE as soon as it's out of the beta"

dosen't seem to make much sense does it? No four letter word put there would fit the sentance, besides, I admire RobK's BLUE IDE and wouldn't talk that way about it... so I checked my logs... I just have 'switching' there. That's all. Apparently Raven's client is a bit uptight on the language filter !

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 19:14
I edited the bad word because the forum wouldn't let me post it... apart from that the chat is unedited;

Mouse wanted proof that he'd told the room about IanM's and whether people want to believe that, that mouse isn't the real one, or that he ment to say something else (although i could post the extended log which clearly shows him saying IanM about 3 damn times); the fact of the matter remains Mouse...

YOU SAID IT. Just in case anyone is wondering why Mouse is trying to have pop; it's because he said something in the IRC room, interupting a chat between myself and mx7 with a comment that quite frankly I think is just as full of crap as his IanM comment.

I'm getting sick and tired of constantly having to watch what i say around Mouse for fear of kicking him off on some new bloody tangent every damn day!!

As I said, I wasn't actually going to post this ... but next time I tell you have proof you should believe me.

The Future Looks Bright, The Future Looks Like a Short Fat Plumber From The Bronx
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 20:28 Edited at: 19th May 2004 20:29
Quote: "(although i could post the extended log which clearly shows him saying IanM about 3 damn times)"

I've looked at the log myself and though I do say IanM multiple times, I also clearly say BLUE IDE which makes it bloody obvious it was a simple mistake on my part.

Quote: "Just in case anyone is wondering why Mouse is trying to have pop; it's because he said something in the IRC room, interupting a chat between myself and mx7 with a comment that quite frankly I think is just as full of crap as his IanM comment."

He's still going on about DBDN not existing . Anyone on the forums willing to dispell this illusion?

Edit-- Oh, and I NEVER mentioned DBDN in that conversation as you said I did, so I really don't know why you're so obsessed about it.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 20:36
FFS... i've had enough, people who were in the room at the time have the logs; they can see for themselves.

try to squirm outta this all you like; personally I think your full of it

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 20:48
Quote: "Mouse "

I'm guessing Mouse is 13-16 years old. I could be wrong of course.

Anybody with an ounce of maturity would just let a stupid squabble drop, a few seem to think it's SO important that we here on the forums might actually care.

Sorry if this that was a bit extreme but I've seem countless people get annoyed and immediately do stupid things without even taking an hour or two to cool down.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2004 20:51
Agreed. Pointless squabbling guys - let it lie

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:29:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:29:41