Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I create Vertical Walls on a matrix?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm wanting to create crystal castle/quazatron/Q-Bert style levels with vertical walls.

Is there any way I can use matrices within DPPro to create vertical surfaces rather than steep slopes or do I need to use an external package? If so which package is best?

Any help would be appreciated!
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2004 15:39
Hi,

I don't believe you can create truly verticle surfaces with a matrix. You could get the effect you want my making lots of DBP boxes, could write your own editor etc, or if you want to spend some money, CShop would be good and easy for this...download the trail and give it a go.

Hope it helps,
Cheers.
StevetS
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply!

I've downloaded the CShop trial and will play around with it - its reasonably priced so may be the way to go. I like the idea of using boxes though, and setting up an editor. Could probably contain the info for box height and top tile slope steepness in a simple data string!

Thanks. Most appreciated.
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2004 14:30
No worries I looked up quazatron by the way, I think CShop will be ideal for that type of level design.

You may also want to consider Nuclear Glory's collision DLL, if you don't want to write your own collision...it works a treat on the .x's exported by CShop.

Good luck with your game,

Cheers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:26:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:26:15