Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Hey all, its been a while

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2004 20:31
Hey guys, how's it goin? I've been using the RGT forums the last year or so but I think I'm going to start using both of these again and I figured I'd let you all know I'm back.

I see a ton of new people, and a few older ones. For anyone who doesn't know who I am, I've been usin DB for about 5 or 6 years and completed a few progs.

So anyway, anyone want to fill me in on any major events?

www.shrikesoftware.com
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2004 20:43
Yes, we all have herpes.

----

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2004 22:00
lol nicely put, and what do you classify by major?

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2004 22:13 Edited at: 20th May 2004 22:14
well, we have a resident spammer using three aliases, one of which was banned but he is still around.

when you see posts by:
Wooly Mammoth Games
Z Interactive
C-M-C 101 (without the hyphens)

then that's him and he should be ignored, as he is a liar and a thief. That is mho and you can form your own opinion but I just give you fair warning

Other than that, have fun

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.1 - VB.NET PLUGIN FOR DBP * Click Logo
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2004 23:38
Kain! My god, long time no see . I thought you'd dropped out of the DB scene for good! Look forward to seeing you around the forums .

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2004 23:57
Welcome Kain,

I visit LLRGT every once in a while also.(Though I'm usually here)

So, how are you latest projects coming along?

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2004 00:26
Hey all, thanks for the welcomes

My projects are coming along well. I'm just finishing up Hijacker: First Contact:

And I'm working on releasing a new version of my puzzle game, Atom Smasher:

Not too much else going on, except for 8 Towers of course (if anyone even still remembers that )

I'll be sure to check out the showcase and see what all you guys have been up to.

www.ShrikeSoftware.com
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2004 00:36
I remember all your games . Fun stuff! I'd love to see a new version of 8 Towers, of course, but Hijacker looks fun too .

I'm not sure the Showcase itself is a very accurate representation of the community's doings. I'd check out the alienware competition results, for one thing, and also the Work in Progress and Program Announcments boards for some impressive games and tools (Tokamak, Newton physics systems in DBP, for example!).

Cheers Kain.

mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2004 03:50
hi, you're before my time so i thought i'd say hi, just to clear up a c-m-c think, wmg is his brother i think but yeah he's just as bad and ignore them, i can't say for z interactive not seen many of his posts (probably have but just skimmed over them as spam and not remembered their existence)
nice to see people coming back, it's becoming flooded with newcomers here i think, (or it may just be me becoming more familiar with people and the rate at which people have been joining is the same, i just notice it more)

anyway, i'm babbeling, nice to see you, projects look cool, please stick around

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon thoroughbred 2200, 512Mb ram, 40Gb HD, ati saphire radeon 9600 atlantis w/128mb ddr ram, good creative-labs soundcard, cd-rw + dvd drives.
Zenincanin 14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 02:01
I'm not a spammer Kain- I'm not C m C, Wooly Mammoth, or Gery!

Good Games Are Made by Powerful Coders
Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
you may not be C m C, Wooly Mammoth, or Gery - although it's very probable - BUT - and that's for sure - you ARE a spammer!!

GameVisions Softwares - http://www.gamevisions.cbj.net
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 08:02
Oh, and let's not forget Lee was killed in a freak Ice Skating accident. *Bows head*

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 08:09
I'll reserve my judgement about everybody until after I've seen what they are like myself

www.ShrikeSoftware.com
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 17:02
Good answer, but keep that grain of salt handy.

Have you been keeping up with the patches? 5.0 added some nifty pick functions, 5.2 added a nasty .X parsing bug (but there are work arounds and the problem has benn identified and fixed internally.)

The alienware contest was a big success and you might want to check out the entries in that.
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Hijacker: First Contact could be improved immensely with new textures.

Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 19:35
I agree Pincho, though I've had a hard time making/finding better ones. That pic is actually more than a year old, its just the first one I found laying around. So there have been some changes for the better over the last year. You'll see more when I finally get around to releasing it (probably in a week or two)

www.ShrikeSoftware.com
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 20:08
I can make somewhat decent seamless textures if you're interested Kain. Nothing complex (IE gun/character maps) and nothing truly quality, but I do think they beat a lot of the stuff you find on, say, 3dcafe or the like. If you're interested I could send you some of my more recent work .

Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2004 16:11
Thanks mouse, I might take you up on that for 8 Towers when I get back to work on it. Hijacker currently has a ton of textures, its the texturing that I need to work on. Also, I'm pretty much done with it as soon as I make some last minute changes that the beta testers wanted.

www.ShrikeSoftware.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:21:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:21:26