Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with this cool warp speed code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Created a cool warpspeed - starfield with picture on the forground but cannot get text printed on the screen if you know how please help i am a dark basic pro beginner dont know much but learning
I have also paste the source code you need two pictures a small picture for the stars and a picture with black background for a cool transparent effect if you can enhance this code please do so
RAVAN
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2004 12:39
Hi,

You may want to try putting your text commands after your sprite command, it may be down to the draw order (i.e. you display your text, then the sprite is drawn over the top of it), but I've also had issue displying text over sprites before. Also, you could try putting a sync just before your wait key (not sure if text/sprite forces a sync, not at my DBP machine now so I can't test it).

If you have still have problems do a search on the forum for text sprites, or sprite fonts, basically instead of using DBP's text command you construct the text from a sprite font set, which means you can have some cool text, and it'll display on top of other sprites (if the sprite priority is right).

p.s. GnR - good stuff!

Hope it helps,
Cheers.
Red And Blue Eyes
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes know now how to print text man it was easy but it took so long to figure this damm thing out Mr LamptonWorm thanks for your advice but it didin't work i used the do loop command to print text on to the screen. I have another question i dont want the programm to end i want to clear up the screen and print some text if anyone nows how please help this code is looking damm fine i have paste the fixed source code below.
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 23:28
Hi,

Sorry dude, not clear on what you are try to do - do you want all the following?

..a background image (sprite 1001)
..your funky warp particles flying about
..text with your info

I can run your code and see the particles and text, but when I put a sprite in there, it seems to be drawn last (even if I use "draw sprites first") and so it hides the 3d particles/text.

Let me know
Cheers.
Red And Blue Eyes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 14:43 Edited at: 26th May 2004 18:31
Importent note :
the picture of the star must be the size of a icon
the forgrond picture must have a black background you can use a picture of a space craft i am using a picture of a blue lotus

The code has evolved into a small intro i call it:
From warp to hyperspace to bigbang
I have paste the first part of the code below its is the
Normal Warp to hyperspace code i am still enhancing the bigbang effect and when its done i will paste the final source code also but first i need some major help

The code has even gotten better i have learned three new effects
Learned hyperspace effect : you must see it yourself it cool
Learned Bigbang effect : a dying sun trowing stars every where
Learned Supernova effect : a very big burst of stars

Mr LamptonWorm here is my cry for help:

I now now how to clear up the screen sorry for the last question
When you use this code you see the stars are comming towards you
thats cool but is it not possible to move into the stars look left and right see the stars passing you by i think it can be done by the camera command but now i don't know a way to do that i think i can figure this out but is gonne take to much of my time and i don't like sitting to long behind the computer it feels like blood not going to my head when you know a way please tell me or enhance the source code below i want this code to be a tutorial for other beginners so they can also learn how you can make a very simple nice looking intro.

Ravan.

I have paste the from warp to hyperspace code below if you can enhance this do so if you can make it more easy do so but use a lot of rem command and tell me wat you are doing so other rookies like me can learn further have fun.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:34:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:34:02