Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / New with darkbasic, 1st person shoot game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 00:59
Hi, first at all, i'm from dominican republic so, sorry about my english...

well, i have a trial version of darkbasic (because i wanted try it first) and now i love it!!! and i wanna do a 1st person shoot game (like Quake or Unreal) but i have a loooooooooooot of questions and a loooot of things to learn about (like maps ) i have done a map with MatEdit (that was the easiest tool that i found) but i have a lot of question about that too (like how can i add 2 or more matrix to a project and save it as a .dba file for darkbasic??? well, anyway if somebody like the idea, can add me to the MSN (my email is javisperez@hotmail.com) and we can both work on the project, or can please somebody give a tip about mapping or something ....

This is the best i have done with darkbasic:
http://www.darketchup.com/test.zip please tell what you guys think about it!

Thx, i'll be waiting for answers please...

Just Me!
Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 01:21
1. Your english is very good.
2. The game is nice too and it works smoothly .

DANGIT NEO, YOU CHANGED THE CODE AND NOW THE MATRIX WONT TEXTURE RIGHT.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 18:06
1 .. your English is WAY better than my Spanish or French Creole (total words known...for both...0)

2 .. you could just add the commands in to create a matrix direct into the code if it`s just to add water or something like that into the scene, or maybe you could make another matrix in the editor and then load that as a higher numbered matrix by modifying the code (I don`t know about other peoples editors though, maybe you can create extra matrixes inside it, try finding a read me or help file in the download folder for it)

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Nvidia FX5900 gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
White Devil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 19:15
Hey! thx both for the comments

I'm trying to do my best with matrix, i wanna do the water effect, i know how to do the deep but i cant do the surface (i know i must do another little matrix, but i dont know how to put them together) and i througt about what mentor already said, but i dont know how to do that (because i'm new :$) that's way i wanna somebody to help me.

Anyway, now i'm downloading the 3d canvas software for making the guns but i dont know if i can use other kind of formats diferent to .x for darkbasic...

Well, thx again i'll be trying to do my best , i really wanna do this game!!

Just Me!
Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2004 01:33
Noooooooooo! Dont be lulled into a false sense of security by this site. I tried 3dcanvas, it's hard to learn and it's not very efficient. Get wings3d or try gamespace.

DANGIT NEO, YOU CHANGED THE CODE AND NOW THE MATRIX WONT TEXTURE RIGHT.
White Devil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2004 08:32
hey thx guys! i'm really exited about it!

I was using Canvas 3D but just like cyberflame said, i couldnt understand ANYTHING, so i downloaded Milk Shape 3D (i saw it at this we too and before reading about wings 3D )and it was easiest, this is my first 3D object and my first 3D machine gun isnt very good but is the best i can do in 3D space...

I hope u guys like it! :d

but i'm still stucked in maps

Just Me!
Jobyman
Years of Service
User Offline
well i wrote a water effect but noone cared. Ill post it anyway tho. Use it if you want.

Chaneg wind_power to make the waves smaller. This was for a ship game i was making so wanted the sea to be rough but youll prolly want it a lot calmer than that.

Everyone is a comedian...
White Devil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 09:04
Wow! what a cool effect!! i think i could use this! thx!!!

Just Me!
White Devil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2004 19:24 Edited at: 25th May 2004 19:31
Hey, i'm doing really good! and still have somedays to trial die, but now i need help with ground collision...

Any tip or help????

This is the code i have for shooting....

Any idea please???

By the way, somebody knows why if i do an object with 3d milkshape and i export it to a .x format when i load it in darkbasic the object look with transparency and without fill (i dont know if you understand me, but i dont know how to xplain it)...

Anyway thx for the help everybody but do somebody have an idea???

Just Me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:37:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:37:11