Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Spot Light Does Not Show

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am making a shooter in DBPro where it is very dark and you have a flash light. The flash light is programmed to be very close to the player object and move and rotate with it. The problem is the light does not show. It doesn't show on my level which is a .x object. And do lights in DBPro create beams of light or do they just show up where they hit something. Included is the code I have for the light so far. I am also using the nuclear glory collision engine.

-Apophis
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 23:12
Hi,

What package did you create the map in? I don't know much about model formats, but I read that you need the normals kept on the export. e.g. in CShop I don't belive the .x retains the normals becuase it currently produces a seperate light map. Other tips, try setting normalization on your map model...

As for the lights, they do not create a beam, they show up when they hit stuff.

Hope it helps,
Cheers.
apophis
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately it didn't work, but I am going to try switching the map model to 3ds which would get rid of a lightmap. Also this is a test map anyways and the map I am really using I am making in Bryce so hopefully that will solve it anyways. Thanks for the help.

-Apophis

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:26:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:26:36