Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Final Fantasy X confusion....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2004 10:15 Edited at: 23rd May 2004 10:16
Hi I'm looking for a website which sells FFX pc version...I know there is a pc version cause i saw it in the store like 2 years ago (but it was like $65 and i was broke) ....and now the pc version seems to have vanished without a trace....please help I really want that game....oh and i can buy it now lol...

Stiyyiille
Celeron 2.0 Ghz, p4 titan mboard, Geforce fx 5200 128mb, 768mb ram
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2004 14:55
It was never released for the PC... only FF7,8 and 11 are available for the PC, and 11 is still only available Stateside on the PC;
Japan only have it for the PS2, I wish they'd damn well hurry up and get it to the UK; I've not been able to log onto my account for almost 3months, and i'm suppose to be a damn GM hahaa

Lascerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2004 18:51
damn it must have been final fantasy XI that i saw....Stupid ps2...ok new question why do developers stick to oneconsole is it that hard to convert a game...

Stiyyiille
Celeron 2.0 Ghz, p4 titan mboard, Geforce fx 5200 128mb, 768mb ram
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
They're under contract with their publishers.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
"Japan only have it for the PS2"
Are you sure? I thought Japan had it for both.
I quited that game for awhile to go play Ultima. Man I love Ultima. Its great. The only MMORPG that allows you to make your own server for it.

AMD Atherlon 2400+ XP, 380 DDr memeory, ATI Radeon 9000 64 DDR, Windos XP home edition.
-----------------------And a Katana.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 09:12 Edited at: 24th May 2004 09:13
Great Knight, Japan got FFXI on the PS2 back in March... the game was then translated to the PC and released in August in the states, finally on the PS2 about 2 months ago.

The reason Japan only seems to have the PS2 version is simply, that there are more people in Japan with computers capable of running the PC version (as it requires a pretty beefy Geforce); As most japanese homes have a PS2, it's a simple case of update your PC or buy the PS2 version.
This is generally why most Asian computer games are aimed at such lowend systems and the console market is booming there.

As for why do developers do this?
To be honest... i'm partically clueless to why.
Sometimes redevelopment time would take too long, hense why some games aren't even translated language wise; this is also why the UK gets games so damn late.
It pisses me off that we have to wait for the 'European' languages to put into our games before they can be released in the UK, simply because the market isn't big enough on it's own to warrent releasing such a copy but they won't make US<->UK interchangeable games because of the import market.

If you ask me it's all totally stupid anyways.
Personally i'm going to just stick to developing them and letting the publishers handle all of the BS that comes afterwards.

[edit-] Can anyone tell me what my signature looks like... I updated the picture yesterday but for some reason it refuses to update in my signature.

Yufster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 22:53
It's a girl that's turning around, seeing me, and taking a picture of me. And she's telling us how she feels. And mostly I am telling you this, I shamefully admit, because I want to test my own signature.

Tourists ride FREE at the Church of Tim (Schafer)!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:22:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:22:15