Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiscape, 3D Invironment Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2004 23:08 Edited at: 23rd May 2004 23:11
Hello.

Im new to DBPRO and to game programming. But Im not new to programming having produced VB, and C progs.

My Questions:
First I need to find some code tutorials for Multiscape and its like.

`Load visual object (has all layers, optimised polys and the rest) [fileName$,memblock,mesh,object,startTex,scale#]. Memblock and mesh are deleted after use
loadLandscape("Trainer.mts",1,1,1,1,100.0)
`Load collision object (has one layer, all polys, no texture) [fileName$,memblock,mesh,object,scale#]. Memblock and mesh are deleted after use
loadLandscapeMesh("Trainer.mts",1,1,2,100.0)

The above code, could someone explain it to me. I have created a 100x100 map in multiscape. How and why do I need to adjust the above code to fit my map????

"Shake, the cloning machine is not a toy. And it certainly aint for making brownies!"
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 01:27
You don't need to adjust anything. The filename is the landscape filename (as you have worked out), the memblock mesh and object parameters simply specify which memblock mesh and object to use. The object is the only one that remains after the function has completed. The startTex is the starting number of the images used. So say the landscape has 3 textures for 3 layers, if you specify 4 for the startTex then the textures will be stored in image numbers 4,5 and 6. The scale is simply the scale of the landscape when it is imported.

Athelon XP 1600+/Radeon 9600 Pro/256 RAM
Joshua Womack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 04:07
Im still quiet confused. If Im correct, I need do nothing but change the filename. When i do this i get a black screen. I might be on the edge of understanding here.

"Shake, the cloning machine is not a toy. And it certainly aint for making brownies!"
Joshua Womack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 04:38 Edited at: 24th May 2004 05:33
I found the problem. I had to edit my trainer.mts file and change the paths to the textures.

New Problem! I now see my map on screen. But, I have only one texture visible while in DBPRO. When I view it in Multiscape, I see my three textures. Texture 3 is missing in DBPRO and there are holes in the map where they belong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:30:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:30:26