Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help me start with 3d games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 19:12
Hi own DBC and 3ds max 4 for animation . I have made 2d games in DBC as well as in c++ and now i want to switch to 3d games like Max Payne (3rd person shooters) with slow motion effects dark basic . Please suggest me how to start.
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2004 20:28
I'd start by reading the tutorials and the manual... Read about all the Basic 3D commands... Read the tutorial at the top of this forum labled "My First Pong Game"... At the top of this page point to Community, then click Developer Network. On that page you should find dozens of tutorials to get you started...

...Well... I hope I helped...

Previously known as "Game_Creator".
The question is, why am I talking to myself? ...... And more importantly, why am I waiting for a reply?
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2004 21:42
Yep!
Start with something like a 3D pong/breakout/pacman.
Don't go for the full 3D action yet.

Current Projects: Dark_Worlds_Map_Editor version0.1 aneale5@orange.esinet.org.uk
that dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2004 13:50
slow motion is a tough thing to program into a game. it is no way to start out. try making, a driving game, then a fps, then a 3rd, and then when you are comfortable with all that, then you can try the time distortion.

the left side of my head isn't bigger, the right side is just smaller
Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2004 14:59
It's not really tough to program. Just multiply everything by a time value less than 1.0 and everything moves slowly.

Ricky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 15:20
Thanks all of u .
I have started making a car racing game in which i also added slow motion by the set animation speed command but i am having trouble with making the car fixed on ground. like in Test Drive 6 the road is very zig zag both horizontally and vertically how can i fix it and also at 1st i tried to make a character game for that i animated a character in character FX and then exported in DB but the animation file did not work .Please help me.
Ricky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 17:57
Here is the code that i used for bullettime effect.
Place it in ur iced project folder (under mywork) and then complie it using dark Basic and suggest me if this code will benefit me or not
loki2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 01:28 Edited at: 28th May 2004 01:29
i was just wondering, how did you guys get started?

everyone is entitled to my software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:37:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:37:29