Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Instant Messenger Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2004 05:59
Hi guys. I just want to start off saying how much I enjoy darkbasic and what a wonderful group it is here at darkbasic.com as far as help and support goes. I basicly have a question. I want to make an instant messenger for me and my associates to chat over the net with. We currently use icq but i really hate icq. I want to make a chat client that will allow all of us in one room. So here's my rough plans and do you think this is possible.

Create the program to do FTP logon (this can be done)
Create the program to open a file on the ftp every second(? maybe)
Make it so that more then one person can access this file simtainously (maybe)
Make it so all people logged on to ftp can update this file simtainously (maybe)
OPTIONAL-create a nice menu with Input on side and chat on left.
Is this possible? Can i do it with a txt file on the ftp or a .bat? IT seems Logical The code I posted it just ramblings from another post i saw. I think that I can do this. I'd like to make a very nice program and share the code with everyone. Thank you guys.

The Wizard Of Iz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:31:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:31:31