Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Moving a camera

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

in my project i need a camera, which needs to move by itself between given points. The ideal solution would be, if the camera could decide by random, which point is going to be the next target. How could i do such a thing?
Thanks!
Heiner

Beeing creative is a profession, not a task
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2004 15:21
1. Make your points out of invisible plains
2. Wrap your camera with an invisible box
3. Put your points into a 2D array, with the object numbers in the second element
4. Perform collision checking between the camera box and invisible plains
5. On collision, generate a random number, and check the corresponding object number in the array
6. Add some CurveValue() commands to smooth the transitions

BatVink
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Red And Blue Eyes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2004 16:20 Edited at: 26th May 2004 16:25
Hee Heiner i also wanne now about the camera command
I want the camera move up and down forward and back by it self
And to batvink i wanne say to you don't tell us rookies steps how to do it say how you can do it be like batman and help us out
You smart persons can help us rookies out but your answer are to einstein like i dont under stand it my head is hurting from your answer

this is only what i know

rem Setup camera, light
set point light 0,256,300,256
set camera fov 120
rotate camera 100,300,200
set ambient light 50

you see i don't know much but you smart people could help use out by giving us a source code that could make us rookies very and i mean very Happy
Heiner Hink
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahhh, Batvink, by theory i have quite a good understanding how to archive what i want, like using 3DSMax build a path for the camera, use MaxScript to derivate the coordinates of the points into a text file, use these coordinates in DarkBasic. So far so good, but, how do i code this ... i am into computer graphics for about 20 years, but i am into programming for about 2 days: I dont have the slightes idea to code this in DB (i guess it is not necessary to mention, that i also dont have a clue about MaxScript, and that therefore i will have to write my list of coordinates by hand).
So, if you could give some simple code examples, which point in the right direction, i shureley will be able to proceed from there an develope my own solutions.
Thanks,
Heiner

Beeing creative is a profession, not a task

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:24:08