Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Just starting...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 05:37
Im bought darkbasic a few months ago and have never touched it because i dont know anything about it i wanted to ask everyone a few things

1. Was it hard to learn?

2. I want to make my own 3d models and things for my games but dont know what to get i've looked at 3d canvas at true space haven't looked at 3d studio max i have animation master and i found you can save the files as 3DS but im also getting confused about the animations i noticed in 3d canvas pro that you can do 1 animation does that mean you have to have like 5 animations for running walking jumping etc.? (sorry this one went on so long)

3. I've also been trying to model a human looking form in 3d canvas so i wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers?

4. I was also wonder if anyone could voulnteer for giving lessons? (i can NOT learn by my self)

Thanks if anyone can help
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 09:17
1. Was it hard to learn?

** the harder math aspects take some pre thought and web browsing to find the meanings of the commands before you should tackle them.
everything else is pretty straight forward.
eg: rotate object / make object / etc.. are pretty obvious what they do but not always the case.

2. I want to make my own 3d models and things for my games but dont know what to get i've looked at 3d canvas at true space haven't looked at 3d studio max i have animation master and i found you can save the files as 3DS but im also getting confused about the animations i noticed in 3d canvas pro that you can do 1 animation does that mean you have to have like 5 animations for running walking jumping etc.? (sorry this one went on so long)

3. I've also been trying to model a human looking form in 3d canvas so i wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers?

**I use 3d canvas and milkshape and unwrap3d and photoshop as well as characterfx for my tools. find the ones that work best for you.

the best place to learn canvas is via the tutes online at the amabilis site.
http://www.amabilis.com/tutorials.htm

4. I was also wonder if anyone could voulnteer for giving lessons? (i can NOT learn by my self)

***join the irc chat room if you want to ask live questions.

irc.foreverchat.net
#darkbasic

fall down seven times, stand up eight
Dr_K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 04:10
Ok thanks im downloading IRC right now

I also got confused with the file format for models in darkbasic. are you supposed to use 3dc or 3ds whats the deal with that? and i dont think i made myself clear about the animations what i meant was for each animation such a jumping would i have to copy my model then paste and use the pasted one to do the animation?

help me if ya can and thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:33:03