Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Last ever F*R*I*E*N*D*S

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 17:52
Channel 4 tonight, last ever friends

Does n e 1 like Friends here? there well funny

Also I do hope "Scrubs" comes back on

Currently: Making a new game project
Game type: RPG
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 17:59
Thank god it's all over. People keep whining about it on the radio.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 18:03
Never really been a fan of Friends. Scrubs is awesome though, unfortunately they stopped showing it down here a while ago.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 18:27
Never found it funny at all...

The place for wonderful plug-ins and things.
Keep your friends close, and your cats even closer.
sidewkdik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 18:32
Quote: "Never found it funny at all..."

must of been one....

"How you doing!"

Currently: Making a new game project
Game type: RPG
Toby Quan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 19:31
Last ever friends? That was on two weeks ago over here.

I have never watched one full episode... although I did think some of the girls were kind of pretty...
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 19:31
smelly cat, smelly cat...

Boo!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 19:37
Quote: "must of been one...."

I had to sit through one episode once for some reason - it was an absolute bore.

The place for wonderful plug-ins and things.
Keep your friends close, and your cats even closer.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 19:57
spooky - what have they been feeding you?

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 20:03
its not his fault rich
friends is good, anyone who disagrees is silly

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 20:03
That show is just unfunny, I'm sorry. The best character is Chandler--- all the others are just plain annoying. I don't agree that the girls are even nice to look at. Jennifer Aniston is WAY too overrated.

I've had to sit through a few episodes with my ex and let's just say that's one of the reasons she's my EX.

And That 70's Show--- what's up with that? Every piece of dialogue is followed by that damn laugh track. It makes the show hard to watch. I'm living with my uncle now and he watches it every freaking day, it forces me to go to the computer. But then all I hear is "hahaha", "hahahah", "hahahaha". Kelso will walk in and say "Hey guys!", then "hahahaha". Damn show is partly responsible for the decline of humour.

Sorry for the tangent.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 20:42
Quote: "spooky - what have they been feeding you?"

Nice comeback Rich! You obviously know the lyrics to Phoebe's song WAY too much. Maybe you should get a life!

Boo!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 21:02
So has red_eye
I dunno but i stopped watching it midway through the season where Ross and Rachel are married but she doesn't really know cause she thinks he got it anulled.

The first few seasons were great, but after that; dunno kinda felt like it was getting too serious and gimmicky.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 21:05
Quote: "Also I do hope "Scrubs" comes back on "

It is back on, isn't it? AT least I think Sky One has it. 3rd series is fantastic JD gets Elliot!!!!

Me, never found friends any good I think we should be paying more attention to the last ever episode of frasier

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 03:33
Is that the one where Elliot has that new hot look? Because down here it ended the episode she changed gahh!

JD Programming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 03:44
I've seen it. I'm not a big fan. But it was quite ammusing

Programming is one of the first steps to become an individual...
http://www.jdpgamestudios.co.uk
Zenincanin 14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 05:27
Quote: "How you doing!"
LOL!

Quote: "Smelly cat, smelly cat"
Heh, really never liked that!

Hey, that '70's show is okay though they do too many stupid jokes!

Good Games Are Made by Powerful Coders
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
I still think Seinfeld is the best show. Friends is annoying. I Hate Feebe. And That 70s show i do not watch.

"Great Knights are what we are called, not the nature we act nor the what we do gives up this title. The Title is what describes us the best and thats the meaning of it"
Cookyzue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 08:48
where the heck are you people? The last episode was like a month ago.

TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 08:50
I think they just showed it in the UK/AUS or something to that degree.

Amist the Blue Skies...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 14:27
Last episode for us was last night on Channel4
wasn't too bad actually... although is it me or does monica look... erm... fatter than usual?

Yeah elliot has a hot look, but then she goes back to her old look; and JD got Elliot at the end of the episode 2 weeks ago for erm what's his face to come back from new zeland and surprise her so she went off with him.
Unfortunately i missed last weeks episode... bloody step-dad and his 'gotta watch time-team' grr! i wanna block that stupid UKDocumentary and Discovery Channels!

[bitchin]it's on all the flippin' time and whenever i wanna watch something i get shot down cause the TV is 'his' - yeah everyone forgets the fact I pay for the bloody cable box so they can have these channels, and the electriciy bill so they can use it, and the fact it's like 30minutes out of 3hrs of TV i watch a week compared to the several hours each nite they all watch...[/bitchin]

well anyways; it was a good ender episode, and hopefully with the family gone this weekend i can watch my shows again.
although Dream Team is now over and i missed the final few episodes of that !grr! ... now i'll never know what happened with that cute blone irish lass.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 14:36 Edited at: 29th May 2004 14:36
Quote: "Is that the one where Elliot has that new hot look? Because down here it ended the episode she changed gahh! "

Yep.

Quote: "Yeah elliot has a hot look, but then she goes back to her old look; and JD got Elliot at the end of the episode 2 weeks ago for erm what's his face to come back from new zeland and surprise her so she went off with him.
Unfortunately i missed last weeks episode... bloody step-dad and his 'gotta watch time-team' "

Here is what happened: (BIG Spolier, but nice to know)

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 15:29
Quote: "where the heck are you people? The last episode was like a month ago. "

They don't just transmit the show to us. Someone has to buy it etc. We are normally several weeks/months behind a US show. Dark Angel was funny as it aired in the US about 3 months before the UK (don't think anyone was interested initially over here) then we almost caught up because it was shown every week here, but in the US it would miss out for a week or two here and there for some unknown reason.

I didn't watch Friends for like 5 years or so. Then they showed about 5 episodes a day for a month or two, and I must admit I liked it quite a bit. Best overall US comedy ever though has to be Cheers. Although I was a sucker for Married with children at the time (Christina Applegate was a goddess when I was 16).

And Monica does look fat in the last one. Although check her out in Ace Ventura. Gibber....

Interestingly I didn't watch a single episode of Coupling until a friend lent me the 3 series boxset. Must admit I laughed my t*ts off on several occasions. Has something that has been missing from Friends for a while now.

But someone watch Darkplace or Nighty nighty. Fantastic shows those ones. And if you watch that Kingdom Hospital stuff (Stephen King) it is uncanny how similar it is to Darkplace (he even drives a jeepy thing through the hospital basement corridors).

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 15:33
Ahem. Quote from Darkplace, just to set an example:-

Quote: "As with much Marenghian fiction, the premise concerns a series of 'What ifs'. What if a rat became as big as a horse? And what if it, and its rat brethren, took over and ate parliament?"

Oh yes.... http://www.garthmarenghi.com/ is well funny. The link for "Things that you have said that I have replied to" is great. Must look for the DVD boxset.

Cheers

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 15:38
Quote: "Best overall US comedy ever though has to be Cheers."

Yes, Cheers was very good.
Although I think Ned & Stacey was the best US comedy.

Quote: "Although I was a sucker for Married with children at the time (Christina Applegate was a goddess when I was 16)."

Oh yes!

Play Nice! Play Basic!
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 16:58
Yeah, Cheers was great but when they got that blonde ditsy chick it gradually went downhill IMHO.

Gir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 17:33 Edited at: 29th May 2004 18:10
@Dazzag hehe i love Garth Marenghi, it sooooo funny!

P.S. Anyone know if the last episode is gonna be repeated anytime soon?

I'm makin' a cake...
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 18:36
Quote: "P.S. Anyone know if the last episode is gonna be repeated anytime soon?"

Dunno, but personally I'm waiting for the boxset. Didn't see it in HMV today, and Amazon is clueless, so probably not out yet. Must scour the oodles of channels to see if one is repeating. With the amount of channels they pump out these days you would have thought someone would have bought the repeats.

Cheers

Quote: "Darkplace was scripted and directed by the best-selling horror writer Garth Marenghi, known to thousands as the author of such classic chillers as The Ooze (can water die?), Afterbirth (a mutated placenta attacks Bristol) and Black Fang (rats learn to drive). In addition, Marenghi starred as the show’s lead character, Dr. Rick Dagless M.D., a maverick doctor battling against the evil forces lurking in a standard-sized hellmouth underneath a hospital in pre-apocalyptic Romford."

Heh heh.... it's all a joke BTW (supposed to be filmed and banned in the 80's), think "The Office" with bad horror writers.

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 18:37
Erm, and here is the episode listings:-

EPISODE 1: ONCE UPON A BEGINNING
Garth Marenghi, the world-famous horror author, introduces his long-lost television project: a haunting medical drama set in Romford. New doctor Liz Asher is tipped off by a psychic cat that there’s darkness in Darkplace. So, when a patient mysteriously dies, Dr. Rick Dagless M.D. must scalpel-up and fight The Forces of Evil (which involves attempting to close a standard-sized hell-mouth beneath Romford.) Contains mild swearing and the naked top-half of a man.

EPISODE 2: HELL HATH FURY
When the hospital chef is savagely attacked by a ladle all eyes point to an unknown attacker at loose in the wards. But why are objects flying about of their own accord, attacking innocent civilians and disrupting hospital procedure? Dr. Rick Dagless M.D., played by Garth Marenghi himself, bravely investigates.

EPISODE 3: SKIPPER THE EYE CHILD
The past is stirring in the halls of Darkplace, and for Dr. Rick Dagless M.D., that means Trouble. With a capital T (the rest of the letters lowercase). Something long dead has been reborn on ‘B’ Wing. Is it a macabre sign, a terrible warning, or a sacred gift from the gods? What’s certain is that it is a giant eye. A journey of discovery lies ahead for both of them… Garth Marenghi, the titan of terror, introduces this lyrical episode of his hospital horror drama.

EPISODE 4: THE APES OF WRATH
Monkey business most macabre… A terrible sickness is spreading from ward to ward as humans regress to a primal state. Dr. Rick Dagless M.D. must find out what’s releasing the beast within us, and fast, i.e. before it’s too late. A cautionary fable from Romford’s Chaplain o’chill.

EPISODE 5: SCOTCH MIST
A strange killer mist surrounds Darkplace, tartanning the hides of unwary travellers while phantom bagpipes play on, regardless. Dr. Rick Dagless M.D. must face more than the music as he unravels the secret behind its sudden appearance. The answer, when it comes, lies a little too close to home, even though Romford would seem a safe enough distance from Glenrothes.

EPISODE 6: THE CREEPING MOSS FROM THE SHORES OF SHUGGOTH
Garth Marenghi, Romford’s Crown Prince of Darkness, introduces the last episode in his hospital-based horror series. Dr. Sanchez falls in love with a patient infected with cosmic broccoli, but when it threatens to spread Dr. Rick Dagless M.D. is forced to intervene. Trouble is, love is blind, and the only eye Sanchez has open is at the end of a trouser snake. Can Dagless save his buddy and the world? (Yes, he can).

Cheers

sidewkdik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 21:25
Quote: " JD gets Elliot!!!! "

hrm....well I only watch it on C4, well the part where JD gets Elliot!!!! that was on years ago that 1 lol

AVrIL LAVIGNe is the best!!!!
Guns n roses greatest hits is good!!! - got all there old albums
Everwhat Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 22:19
Okay, I thought friends had gone very much downhill but have been watching this series as its the last, and I wanted to see how things ended up. To anyone watching it, answer me this question...

WHERE WAS EMMA???

Rachel got on the plane to go to Paris, NO EMMA, Ross was at home in the flat, NO EMMA. Rachel said she was taking Emma to Paris but she was travelling alone. Ross and Pheobe were alone also. This whole question ruined it for me, a baby doesn't just dissappear or somehow have the capacity to travel to Paris by itself... if they didn't want to write Emma into the plot they could have at least added a single line to explain where she was like "I'm leaving Emma with my Mum till I settle down, she's bringing her next week" or something.

Sorry, stupid point but it annoys me. It occurs to nobaody in the cast or script writers that the whole reason Ross and Rachel should be together is that they have a baby? And that in a recent episode Rachel was scared to leave Emma alone for a SECOND and now she's travelling to another country and she's nowhere to be seen? That's just STUPID and it annoyed me. A lot. Otherwise it was quite a good episode, but my god that didn't make sense at all

The forum user formerly known as Kangaroo2.
If the apocalypse comes, email me
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 22:46
Quote: " "I'm leaving Emma with my Mum till I settle down, she's bringing her next week" or something."

I just watched it and she did actually say something like that

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 23:00
yup, she did say that...

Zenincanin 14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 01:20
Wow, post about the FRIENDS last episode!

Good Games Are Made by Powerful Coders
sidewkdik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 01:47

AVrIL LAVIGNe is the best!!!!
Guns n roses greatest hits is good!!! - got all there old albums
Everwhat Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 01:47
Few, well that calms me down a bit Although I watched it all the way through and never heard any syuch line. Perhaps Channel4 cut the episode slightly? (They've done that in the past). Or maybe I blinked and missed it. Either way thats good. I should search somewhere online for a transcript to put my mind at rest

The forum user formerly known as Kangaroo2.
If the apocalypse comes, email me
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 04:26
Quote: "hrm....well I only watch it on C4, well the part where JD gets Elliot!!!! that was on years ago that 1 lol"

Yeah, JD gets Elliot several times throughout the seasons but I don't think it was ever really serious. Especially when they're f*ck buddies.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 18:20
Nope they didn't cut the Channel four episode - that line (almost exactly) was said, still seemed like a bit of an after thought though.

I'm sad to see friends go, but its lead to something even funnier! On the night of the last episode C4 shoed the top 5 or something episodes, and if you took a look at the teletext it had a discription of each of the episodes. The amount of different ways they tried to say the 'friends' it was realy funny to read - the best bit was that on the last one they managed to avoid saying it altogether, me thinks someone gave up!

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 18:31
Sam she says it and someone cracks a joke... like
"i feel sorry for your mom, 7hrs to France with a 3yo"
and Rachel quips back
"i feel sorry for emma, 7hrs on a flight with my mom!"

however i could've sworn that New York to Paris, even without a layover in Heathrow; was something like 9hrs. :-\

and yeah JD gets Elliot like 4 times (well including this one)

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 20:04
Quote: "hrm....well I only watch it on C4, well the part where JD gets Elliot!!!! that was on years ago that 1 lol"
Yep. Standard end to a series for Scrubs. Think we just saw the 3rd series.

And the one thing I noticed about Emma (she did say her mother was taking her over in a few days or something) was that Ross never once mentioned how sad he was that his *daughter* was moving to the *other side of the world*. Not once. Was how he was going to miss Rachel. Grief, even the duck and chick got a recall for the end.

Cheers

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 21:01

JD only really gets elliot (ie. they have a meaningful relationship rather than just one nighters) in this series.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:22:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:22:13