Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / some advise

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i know i know my forum name is not a good one or whatever but i don't think it really matters much

but anyway to the subject:
I used to program in qbasic a lot, and now i am converting over to DBpro. I am trying to start off small to get the feel of the differences and things like that. But I am getting very discoraged. Should I just start off with some 2d or 3d animations before making a little pong or tetris game. I am really looking forward to getting into this stuff. I am very persistant when i can acually do something besides sit at the screen and trying to figure out whats wrong with something
and i know thats basically what programming is about, i just wish I could acually get a hold of the basics of the core of controls and other things.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 01:38
well, starting off with a pong game is a very good idea. You don't need any animation or modelling experience to do a game like that, the built in 3d primitives are just fine. See if you can find some tutorials or what the codebase has to offer.

never give up

* DBP_NETLIB_v1.2 - NOW WITH VARIABLE WATCHER! * Click Logo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:27:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:27:05