Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / ouchness, my pain story

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 23:12 Edited at: 29th May 2004 23:16
a lot of people been tlling about misfortunes recently, i had one today so thought i'd add.

i havent had a bike accedent for as long as i can remember, and today just annoys me cos it werent even my fault.

we were on the last leg of the route, which we take every weekend, and this was halfway between the 2nd check/rest point and home.
andy flirting to jenny (2 riders at the back in the pic below), and me n tom just had a race, so were a mile infront of em, and tom gave up the race when we reached an up hill, while i carried on speeding to get teh most momentum for the hill, and then the downhill on the other side came. i remember just starting to go down the hill (BIG HILL)

and then i woke up, and i went into a major high, so never noticed i had been asleep in the first place (how i managed to stay on the bike while asleep, god knows, but i lay it to the fact it was straight all the way)
in this high, i saw a pheseant on the side of the road (was riding through country lanes) and was like "weeeeeeeeheheheheheheeeeeeeee a pheasent go chase!!!" i knew too well that it was on the grassbank with a massive curb between the road and the grass, but as i was in such a high i went for it anyway.

as any experience bike rider knows, you CANNOT go up a curb when at an almost paralell angle:

everything that happened next went in real slow motion:

and then moments later:

well im still drowsy now, what was wierd was as soon as i got home, (i was in surprisingly low level of pain considering the accedent i just had- but thats what happens when u pass out, the pain just goes), and then a mate called for me, askin to borrow my bikepump, so i went to my bikeshed, forgetting what he wanted, pulled my bike out, which i'd only just put in, and rode off yelling "scott are u coming on this bike-ride or what?" forgetting that i'd just spent the whole day on a bike ride- thats concusion for ye.

i guess this is the bike version of sleeping at the wheel, tho i wasnt tired or anything so dont even know why i fell asleep in the first place.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 23:18
ouch, sounds rather painful My worst injurt was going down a steep tarmac path on me skateboard. The trucks starting wobbling, the board turned over, threw me a meter threw the air and i ended up skidding a few meters down the path on my side, ripped through jeans and got some deep grazing bloody painful...

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
edit: i was more concerned about my bike when i first got up, until i found that happened to it was the chain came off

M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 23:32
Froogle... thats a crazy story - thanks for taking the time to draw the informative pics. I think you could go against Tom Clancy with that. I love the bit at the end where you go crazy and forget what youre doing.

Blue Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 23:40 Edited at: 30th May 2004 00:26
LOL. The worst bike accident i ever had was i fell head over heels over the handle bars. God knows how i did it but my face went clunk into the pavement blooded up all my nose and face and broke a few of my teeth. I managed to get 1 still stuck in the tarmac. That was painful.

Anyway I hope you have fully recovered from your concussion,

Mike

Visit the Code Monkey's website at http://www.codemonkeystudios.tk
Gir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 00:25
Lol i loved the pics! worst bike accident i had was doing a wheely, turning the wheel in mid air at a 90 degree angle and then forgetting to turn it back before i landed

that hurt, and also severely dissfigured my front wheel

I'm makin' a cake...
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 00:38
ok... strange how Tom has a zimmer frame and u have a six pack

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 00:55
Quite an accident-- I feel for ya-- but the story is very cleverly told, hehe . I've passed out once or twice myself and it is weird how you don't know it's happening right when it is and when you're 'waking up' there's a moment of amnesia.

Hope you're all better soon!

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 01:19
You have a disturbingly large amount of problems, your art skills and ability to describe things being two of them.

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 01:24
@quoth: correction:accurately describe things

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 04:37
Didn't it occur to you that you could bunny hop the curb?

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 07:22
I got hit in the eye with a stick, and it still works!

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 09:27
bunny hops and flick outs, ahh them were the days

fall down seven times, stand up eight
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Didn't it occur to you that you could bunny hop the curb?"

like i said i was in a major high, i didnt know wtf i was doing. maybe that was my intention, but i cant remember.

red_eye reminded me of the time i was going down hill on a skateboard and splatted into the front of an army truck coming the otherway while the skateboard just rolled under. all my mates at the bottom just seeing the skateboard arrive with no-one on it we kinda worried

Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 14:00
I fell off my bike once...
We were doing MASSIVE jumps on these TINY bikes, that were too small for us, and when my mate landed one of the jumps, my handlbars bent slightly ( he was on my bike ), we didn't think anything of it, cos nothing seemed to happen.

Then, later on, we were racing down the road, I stand up, handlbar snaps off, I go head first into the ground... Luckily, I was wearing a helmet, and that thing took all the impact ( and came out of it in peices, literally ). My leg and arm weren't so lucky though... But, it's all good, cos I'm fine now

Jess.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Logical Engineer/All-Round Nice Guy
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 23:04
Ouch... I remember when I was mountain-boarding down this dirt road and I go to turn the corner when I realize there were two cars parked in the middle of the road. I swerved to avoid running into them and went off the road (about a 15 foot drop). I tried to land on my feet but then I stumbled and skidded about ten feet. Then my board came down after me and landed on my shoulder. I had all my pads on but my shoulder hurt a week afterward.

Previously known as "Game_Creator".
The question is, why am I talking to myself? ...... And more importantly, why am I waiting for a reply?
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2004 00:06
Quote: " Didn't it occur to you that you could bunny hop the curb? "

Would have been easier to wallrun it w/ zigzagging

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2004 10:47
You're forgetting that not everyone are super-mice like you, Mouse.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2004 19:30
Good point, not many people are as obsessed with Quake speed runs as I am either .

Froog-> Hope it's all better by now? You should get a flying bike

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2004 19:56
i got beat of of my bike by a old lady weilding a stick

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2004 20:10
Sounds crazy, I think I got what you meant mostly from your artistic ms paint drawings .

The worst accident I've had is on a skateboard, trying to roll into a 4ft quarter (not all that high, I know), then my board just stuck, I went flying down superman style, landed will all my weight of my left arm, and SNAP! Fore-arm bent at a near right-angle, luckily the bone didn't come through the skin . Still fairly painfull though . I can feel the lump where it broke to this day .

Athelon XP 1600+/Radeon 9600 Pro/256 RAM
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
lol

ow

im still suffering the whiplash on both sides of my neck/both shoulders.

and i have a cluster of mini-bruises on my knee, like 2mm in diameter each, in an inch diameter group. i ent had any more scrotum-stinging yet, now that really did hurt when i had it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:22:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:22:57