Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBP camera issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 03:29
Hi there! With this post i introduce myself to the darkbasic community, ive just started out and im trying to make a 3d game. No idea of concept or anything so far just trying to figure out how you do it .

Anyways, heres how far i got: ive made a matrix and created a cube as a temporary player model. Controlls and stuff works fine. Only problem is, the cube thinks hes a mole!! Seriously, it want give up keeping itself burried underground. Have a look at my little snippie and tell me what im doing wrong:

thanks in advance

A newbie to darkbasic looking for a project to join... also trying to learn program in several other languages... anyone up creating a newbie programming circle?
Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 03:31
Well, i see me source can be found by clicking that yellow pyramid... works, i guess... anyone know how i get those cute li'il white boxes with a plus namen "code snippet"?

thanks again!

A newbie to darkbasic looking for a project to join... also trying to learn program in several other languages... anyone up creating a newbie programming circle?
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 03:44
works good here but i had to change this line

to

as there was no object 10. you get the snippet box by clicking the code button at the top of the post forum message box before and after you type what you want to be in the box.

"People don't fail ..... they stop trying." Specs. P4 2.8GHz 800 FSB | 512MB DDR333
GeForce FX 5200 AGP 256MB | Windows XP Pro Full
Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 03:52
Ah thanks! That wasnt to hard to figure out why didnt i see that? hehe... btw i added so that you start in the middle of the map instead of in the corner. What should i do next? Hmm... any suggestions?

And... sorry... but i still cant find the code button... the top of the forum message box? Is that the one down here after all messages with a purple header kinda? Hell, could you take a screenie and mark it out with red or something? Sorry man Im mayeb just to tired

Dreaming of creating a highly advanced AI mind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:40:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:40:45