Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with loading a .3ds model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 19:46
Having problem with loading a model. I can make a cube and load the object. They are displayed nicely on the screen but as soon as Im trying to glue the model to the cube it wont run anymore! I dont know whats the problem, is that basic cubes dont have limbs as default? In that case, how do I create them?

Dreaming of creating a highly advanced AI mind
Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 21:50
No answers yet

I really cant find out how this should be done. Ive read the documentation, tried to copy the binary moon hover racing tutorial. Nothing seems to work. Ive also read all the post in the forum concerning 3d models and glueing, searched for them.

This is the code snippet as it is now:

It works just fine as it is, the model sits there besides nice and quietly. But _as soon_ as I un-rem the glue object part it wont run! Please help me out.

If you want to see the whole code, here it is:

But please, please, pleasy... with sugar on top I would reaaally like to get this done. Been trying for quite a few hours now :S

Thanks in advance!
Mizi

Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 22:23
GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB Object Number, Second Object, Limb Number
I dont thing an object can have a limb number of 0, change it to one. I have problems with this command too, can anyone explain how to do this right. When i use the object i attatched to something, gets really big then it dissapears.

IF your rolling along the ocean in you jet ski and the wheels fall off. Do you still have enough pancakes to cover a doghouse?

Purple, because icecream has no bones.
Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 22:28
I tried it out right away.

"limb doesnt exist"

but if i use 0, as i thought was the default... the program does "performed illegal task" or "operation"... i dont know what it is in english 'cause im using a swedish OS.

Anyways, i hope we sort this out bud.

Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 23:38
It doesnt matter what language its in, windows will never make sense =P
I really dont know how they work. Hopefully someone will explain.

IF your rolling along the ocean in you jet ski and the wheels fall off. Do you still have enough pancakes to cover a doghouse?

Purple, because icecream has no bones.
Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2004 12:28
BUMP

really needs help
the program freaks out as soon as i try to glue the model

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2004 13:21
hmm, it works fine for me try using a different model, check you've updated dbp etc etc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 11:17:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 11:17:29