Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Does anyone remember BattleZone.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2004 04:24
No I'm not talking about the classic atari game, even though it was a great game. I'm talkin about the pc action game of the year here. My personal favie was BattleZoneII, what sucks is, they shut down the servers, so you cant play it online anymore, such a shame...

When I die, I want to be burried upside down, so thy critics, can kiss my a$$...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2004 05:19
aww i liked the original classic... BattleZone was good but too damn hard
took me ages to complete the american campaign;

BattleZone II was better but by the time i'd got a computer powerful enough to run it, no one played it anymore so without people to play against i got bored quickly.

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2004 05:35
Holy crap that game was awesome, have you tried playing it online? on mine it says searching or sessions, and never goes away. Trust me, since you never got to play it online, well, its breath taking.

When I die, I want to be burried upside down, so thy critics, can kiss my a$$...
Gir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2004 15:18
Yeah I really liked BattleZoneII, never really tried to play it online though.

I'm makin' a cake...
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2004 21:37
It sounds cool - is there any place to get a demo or something, I just had a look on google and got a load of 404 errors.

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2004 21:42
if you live in the u.s.a you can get the real copy at gamestop, but you can get a demo at http://www.gamerevolution.com

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2004 21:54
Yeah me and my buddies used to LAN it up. Good game.

----

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Zenincanin 14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 03:25
Ooh, me like the PC version!

Good Games Are Made by Powerful Coders
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 03:32
wait what other platform was it on? Wasn't it only on pc?

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 04:44
yeah, Z just wanted to sound like he knew what he was talking about

Although he could have meant BattleZone II, considering the original was arcade. But I think he's just lucky.

----

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 06:03
Alienman,

You got me. Of course you knew all the people who had atari's, commodore 64/128, apple IIc/IIe were expecting the original.

I'm such a sucker. Well I have my Atari 65XE still hooked up (to my commodore 1702 monitor) so I'll have to dust off my 5 1/4 floppies and give them a spin.

I'll have to locate that ROM for my Atari800win emulator.

~Zen

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 14:37
http://www.gamerevolution.com

- All the links are broken for battlezone 1 and 2! Damn it looked gd!

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
Renegade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 16:32
That was a great game but I got stuck in the ice
where I need to lead the recycler to somewhere

I have never tried to play it online. I didn't play online
back there
Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2004 00:58
I know dude I got stuck on that mission forever...Once you get the recycler to the waypoint, you run into a wall of aliens and automaticaly get killed...well almost automaticaly. Anyway after about an hour or so you get past it.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2004 22:36
it wasn't well receieved but there was an N64 version.
I really liked it cause you could play 4 players with the 4MB upgrade.

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 00:33
cool, I've never heard of it...It can't possibly be better than the pc version, can it?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 04:19
graphically i think it was equal really; single player was much hader giving the orders but multiplayer was more fun because it was less C&C and more Carmageddon style hehee

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 04:43
hmm...I've never been much of a nintendo fan, mostly playstation. Until recently I got a gamecube and I think the graphics are better than any other system, but thats just my opinion. So basicly, I never liked the 64, or any kind of video games before playstation.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 07:04
did you ever actually use the N64?
most people i know who have something against it usually are people who just couldn't afford it; to be fair it was too expensive for the time, which is really what screwed it over for just Nintendo fans.

Last generation I did like the N64 the best, but I also quite liked my Playstation ... had a Yaroze then a PSOne (which i still have).
Out of the current generation the only one i like is the GameCube...
the PS2 just really doesn't do it for me - dunno why.

As for the back compatibility; try playing the Final Fantasy games on it, the back compatibility is a joke!
Especially as it doesn't even seem to emulate the games as fast as they were running on the PSOne; crazy.

If you get chance I'd suggest getting an N64 you can pick them up dirty cheap with games only a few bucks. Really worth it with a 4MB upgrade pak...
Super Smash Bros is sweet; both Zelda's again pretty awesome; then there is Super Mario 64, Episode 1 Pod Racer, Turok... and not forgetting the entire reason to get an N64 - Golden Eye.

imo Golden Eye still rules as a multiplayer FPS, it captures something that non of the follow up games do. Perfect Dark is good too but still think it misses a lil something that Goldeneye has.

Lzdude69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 07:12
No offense, I ABSOULUTLY HATE THE 64. I have played it, actually i've played it alot... The only games worth playing on the n64 are as follows: Mario Tennis, FZero GX, and starfox. I mean the 64 is ok, it is just, kinda boring. Goldeneye is'nt that cool either, if it was on a different platform it would be better, but on the 64, it sucks.

Now when the playstation came out, I was happy. Now my psx is from late 95, the christmas it first came out. The first game I got for it, and it is still a good game, Croc the legend of the gobbos. If you think james bond games are, well the turning point for james bond was everything or nothing. That game was so fun, me and my friend still play it frome time to time. I dont know if you knew this but sony was the first company to make a console that used compact discs. I know what your going to say, "I thought segasaturn did that first?", nope, the sega saturn came out in early 96, which was after the psx came out.

Back to this generation, the gamecube is, I think the best console alive and running. I mean whats not ot like, its cheap for one, the graphics are better, it runs faster than all the other consoles, its cool looking, and well, the discs are freakin small. The gamecube copied sony with the cd's, well so did microsoft, but nintendo made them small. I dont think nintendo was that cool until they steped it up in technology. I mean nintendo waited too long to make a new console. Oh well...it rocks, I just hope they dont stop making games for it, like what happened to the dreamcast.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:29:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:29:45