Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / HexaSuper2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If I download HexaSuper2 do I have to pay anything or is it free.
Because I find the layout confusing .So please anyone know if its free or not.
The site is: http://www.shusaku.co.jp/hexa/
KC27
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, first off, this would be better asked in the General Forum, as this is for questions related to DarkBASIC only.

Give All The Credit Away
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 01:10
If WMG had a clue, he should have said try that question in the 3D chat forum.

The simple answer is that the shareware version is free, but the program is close to useless for Dark Basic since the only format that it will save to is *.pov.
--
TAZ

Quote: "Publisher's Description:
HexaSuper2 is 3D graphics software that offers the standard object modeling interface without the high price. It renders your work as you go and has a tool palette, including a paintbucket, to change the color of objects. You can also make smooth curved surfaces from rough polygons and generate 3D outlines from a single picture with the program's 3D Manga function. This version adds some new features and fixes some bugs. The shareware registration fee is $54.

Note: In this shareware version, you can only save or export POV-Ray format files."

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
MegaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Whats POV-Ray format .

Jack in, Megaman, Power up!!!
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2004 13:43
seems to be everything you could ever need to know about POVray, took under a minute with google.
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/geomformats/pov/pov35/

New Creature Feature
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2004 06:45
MegaMan,

I use HexaGreat cuz as far as I know HexaSuper is only for Mac. One guy did offer to give me a PC version he had translated but I never got around to it. Hopefully shusaku (maker) will find a US market cuz I think it would totally enable beginners to do 3d (like me).

HG crashes like mad but you can save stuff in dxf format, which if you have another program like TrueSpace or something then you can export as X. HX is the easiest 3d program I've ever used, but as stated, very unstable.

You can do a sort of angled 2d/3d tracing with a background bitmap for reference. It's like an isometric angle, and once you draw at that angle then you rotate and convert it to 3d. I still use it for getting accurate shapes from bitmaps (you could even use drawings.) The trick is to save your stuff and export it as DXFs as often as possible because if it crashes while you are working on something (for me) it will never let you open that HG file again (not even copies of it with different names).

But the DXFs will be safe cuz they aren't in the HG format. That's one serious bug!

Alan

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. II Corinthians 5:17
MegaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey New Creature Feature whats the website for HexaGreat. Just asking

Jack in, Megaman, Power up!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 13:25:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 13:25:25