Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Unable to use glue command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 16:10
DBP problem, i load a .3ds model. I can position it on screen so theres no problem with that. But as soon as im trying to use the glue command the program cant run! It freezes as soon as its started.

This is the code used for loading the model, as soon as i un-rem the glue part it locks up.

Heres a direct link to the model i use, ive tried other models but nothing works:
http://www.3dcafe.com/models/predator.zip

Also, full code attached.

Thanks
Mizipzor

Dreaming of creating a highly advanced AI mind
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2004 21:07
What exactly are you trying to do?

- You haven't added a limb to your loaded object - I haven't downloaded your object, so it might already have limbs defined

- You are trying to attach object 0 (which is not a legal object number) to that limb

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2004 12:34
Im trying to do so that the model (a tank) is the player character. As they did in the binary moon tutorial.

Maybe my model doesnt have defined limbs, i tried to use the add limb command but i get the error "limb does not exist".

I think i need some hands on help . Could you write just i tiny program that makes a cube, loads model whatever.3ds. Make sure both have limbs (limb exists command) and glue the model to the cube.

As you see, i know how to do it in theory but somehow i always mess up when ill try it for real

Thanks in advance
Mizipzor

Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 09:53
BUMP

Ok, i know its a bit rude with the attitude "hey could you write this program for me?" but ive been stuck with this problem for a week now. The last days i havent even started darkbasic... isnt there any way to get rid of this?

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 10:13
I'll see if I can put something together for you

For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 11:06
Youre my man thanks bud!

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 22:33
Firstly, that link you've provided doesn't exist on the 3DCafe site as far as I can see, and I couldn't trace it down either. So I picked another ... and I had a problem loading that one (now passed to Mike/TGC for the 5.4 bug investigations).

So finally, after converting the model to x format, I had no problems glueing an object to it, once I'd deciphered the on-line help which isn't very clear.

I now have an alien figure with a sphere glued to its feet.

I can send you a copy of the project via email if you want it. Just email me for it and I'll send a copy to you

If you still have problems using your model, just send me a copy using email

Mizipzor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 23:46
I did use .3ds format... is it safer to use .x? In that case, what kind of software do i need to convert .3ds to .x? Too bad the model on 3dcafe didnt exist :/ i used that one at least... maybe they took it offline.

Well thanks!

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 01:24
I have DBC too, so I used DBConv.exe to convert the file, but pretty much any modelling program should allow you to convert between formats.

The reason that I converted it was simply because the 3DS didn't load in DBPro, and X is better supported ATM.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 11:16:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 11:16:24